Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers signed Vick

Exclamation Steelers signed Vick

Holy Cows... anybody reading all the comments on the local news sites? NOBODY likes this guy. WOW! I don't agree with what he did, but OMGZ... he went to jail for almost two years, paid his debt to society and from what I've read has really rehabilitated himself personally in the last 5-6 years. What's the big, fooking deal? He's a great athlete. People talking about the Rooneys having no morals, blah blah blah... the whole NFL is a bunch of thugs. It's freaking football. It's a violent game. That's why we watch it. If you're upset about some player's violent past, go watch golf or tennis.
    2019 Colorado ZR2

It's been 7 years, people need to move on. He did an awful thing, he got arrested, he did his time, and seems to have changed his life some now. he's a football player, they are shitty role models for the most part, and plenty of them do stupid shit that would land a "normal" person in a world of hurt. He's a piece of a machine, that will fit better than other parts of the machine that the steelers currently employ. Thats all

I couldn't agree more. So what he did was wrong, but these yinzer fans are really annoying. However, what's interesting is that on facebook people are starting to take this to the racial stage. The Steelers are at a point where they don't have anyone to turn to in regards to a quarterback. If Ben goes down, Landry Jones is worthless, and well one of us might as well go out there and play because I'm pretty sure we can perform just as well if not better than that guy. I hate to say that, because I was really hoping he was going to show more progress than what he has but, again like you said... The NFL is a business and if people are offended by this they should go watch Golf.

JLT TRU CAI|ACCUFAB 70MM TB|PP PLENUM|MAGNAFLOW CATTED TRU-X|MAGNAFLOW PERFORMANCE EXHAUST

He did his time, paid the fines. People need to move on. I for one like the signing. We all know Ben gets hurt and for once it would be nice to have a someone as backup that can get it done.
    Ed...
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, leveled, 35" tires
    2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange/5speed Best 1/4 11.94@113.64, 1/8 7.59@89.48, 1.57 60' - Best 60' 1.51, just a NA 2v

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    I hate this signing but I guess there isn't much available out there and we need a warm arm - Vick absolutely sucks. Period. He is possibly the most overrated QB in the history of the game. Can't take a hit and can't hit the broad side of a barn. Throws into traffic way too often. Ball security is non-existent. Puts the ball on the ground a lot. I'm all for second chances but God help us if we ever need him to come into a game.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

I think Vick was the first QB to ever come into the NFL and make the college run/option work. He can run. I don't have the stats, but I'm pretty sure he got quite a few TDs on his feet first few years in the league. Let him do what he do and not a pocket QB and he could shock some defenses in a pinch.
    2019 Colorado ZR2

bring back batch.......

Convicted Felon.

Wouldn't even get hired at Chick Fil-A

Amen Dak... That moron is going to bring the media circus to town. This ain't Dallas - we don't need that shit.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

Good Article in Trib this morning... http://triblive.com/sports/joestarke...#axzz3jvN2mkip

snippet >>>

Professional football is a power play, not a morality play. Teams sacrifice ethics in the pursuit of victory. If you don't accept those terms, I will assume you stopped watching a long time ago.
    2019 Colorado ZR2

wonder how the steelers will celebrate national dog day today
    Current Stable
    2013 School Bus Yellow Boss 302
    1993 Red Cobra

Previous Stable
    2012 White Mustang-Traded
    2004 Competition Orange Terminator - Sold
    2003 Black Cobra-Traded
    1998 Black Cobra-Traded
    1991 White 5.0 Conv-Sold
    1986 Purple 5.0 Trunk-Sold to Psycho 5.0

https://www.facebook.com/steelcitymusclecars

https://www.facebook.com/cruisin.cranberry

10 years ago if a Steeler was in the headlines it was for what he did in the field. We've had an alarming change in that and it's indicative that the culture of the team has changed from a group of guys we'd all be proud to hang out with to a group of thugs we'd be scared to hang out with.

vick isn't the total problem, but he's the poster child and now he's part of the Steeler nation. Despicable. If you need players like him on your team to win, turns out your team ain't so hot after all.

Quote Originally Posted by gpfarrell View Post
    10 years ago if a Steeler was in the headlines it was for what he did in the field. We've had an alarming change in that and it's indicative that the culture of the team has changed from a group of guys we'd all be proud to hang out with to a group of thugs we'd be scared to hang out with.

vick isn't the total problem, but he's the poster child and now he's part of the Steeler nation. Despicable. If you need players like him on your team to win, turns out your team ain't so hot after all.
    I don't see how needing a good player as a backup means your team wasn't hot after all. Some people get too personal about this and think everyone needs to be a moral role model, these guys are professional athletes not altar boys. Great signing.
    2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance

The problem I have is that Vick just plain sucks. Fingers crossed he never needs to see the field.

don't forget that last year vick was the qb when the jets beat the steelers
    Current Stable
    1993 Red Cobra

Previous Stable
    2003 Black Cobra-Traded
    1998 Black Cobra-Traded
    1991 White 5.0 Conv-Sold

Yeah but our D wasn't too hot.

I don't even think Wendy's hires convicted Felons.

would much rather see Tebow as back up, not a fan of Vick... he isnt a great QB more along the lines of a hyped up player by media

did you all see the reports that tomlin wanted to take him like 6 years ago but the organization said no

I did not realize vick and tomlin were from the same town in Virginia

I really don't care who the backup is because if he is playing we are done for the most part
    Current Stable
    1993 Red Cobra

Previous Stable
    2003 Black Cobra-Traded
    1998 Black Cobra-Traded
    1991 White 5.0 Conv-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by GOT SVT View Post
    I really don't care who the backup is because if he is playing we are done for the most part
    Exactly. He's not worth the circus he will bring to town.