Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: sutyak's turbo 2004 Mach 1 build thread

Best color.
    -Barry
    2003 Ford Mustang Dark Shadow Grey 4.6L GT
    2004 Ford F-150 Super Crew Dark Shadow Grey 5.4L

You will have to let me know how noisy those spherical bushings on the rear end are

Just a little 500 whp V6

Quote Originally Posted by SlowSix View Post
    You will have to let me know how noisy those spherical bushings on the rear end are
    Will do. It might be Spring.
    mark
    '04 Mach 1. Built. Turbo. 667whp/631wtq
    '06 Focus. Built. Turbo. WMI. 12.43 @ 115 (sold)
    '03 Mach 1 : 12.61 @ 106.59 (sold)
    he's into that, that spiritual stuff. <><

Subbed. Looks great! I'd love to build the rear-end on my Mach this winter. Hopefully this spring. With the motor stock I'll probably go 4.10s instead of the 3.55s I was also wondering about the spherical bushings and noise/popping. I have MM HD lowers. I guess since your getting the boxes welded you shouldn't have to worry about damage with the aftermarket uppers. Are you running a trak loc in the rear-end? Gotta make me a list of shit to buy till spring.
    Last edited by Monkeygrits; 11-25-2015 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeygrits View Post
    Subbed. Looks great! I'd love to build the rear-end on my Mach this winter. Hopefully this spring. With the motor stock I'll probably go 4.10s instead of the 3.55s I was also wondering about the spherical bushings and noise/popping. I have MM HD lowers. I guess since your getting the boxes welded you shouldn't have to worry about damage with the aftermarket uppers. Are you running a trak loc in the rear-end? Gotta make me a list of shit to buy till spring.
    I had 4.10 and then 4.56 gear on my first Mach 1. The 4.56 was awesome. If I had a strong N/A motor again I'd go with a 4.30 gear.
    I've had both stock and poly bushings in an 8.8 rear. The stockers tend to rip, and the poly mounts are a pain to keep lubed. When they dry out they stick, pop, and bind. I wanted to try spherical bushings this time around. I wanted something that would hold up to hard launches and still have a good range of motion (unlike the poly bushings). The lowers are still poly UPR for now. The rear has a 31 spline trac loc with upgraded clutch packs.
    I'm not impressed so far with the Granatelli uppers. They are too narrow, and needed washers at the top and bottom to fill the gap. They should be fine now, but they'd be extremely sloppy without the washers.
    The exhaust is on and the rear is mostly in before I ran out of time last night. The Magnaflow street cat back is shockingly quiet at idle, but when revved up it becomes very obvious it's a straight-through design and gets pretty loud.
    More pictures once everything is together this weekend.

mark

I'm running a Borla Stinger catback right now and a MagnaFlow catted X. I like the sound but I wanna swap the midpipe for a mac off road stainless prochamber. Not running headers yet because I've seen on the registry that longtube headers alone don't produce much of a gain without another power adder.
    My biggest fear with my mach 1 is changing the spark plugs. It has the 4 thread holes and I'm sure it still has the factory plugs in it. I'd hate to pull them at 14k miles to anitseize them, replace them so they don't corrode to the head, only to screw up threads and blow a plug out. I've had a new set of plugs for a year laying in the box lol. Maybe this spring.

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Terry - what about running a few tanks of Seafoam thru the car prior to pulling the plugs? That would clean the bottom threads of the plugs so they'd back out more easily since any buildup on the plug end extending beyond the head threads would be removed.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    Terry - what about running a few tanks of Seafoam thru the car prior to pulling the plugs? That would clean the bottom threads of the plugs so they'd back out more easily since any buildup on the plug end extending beyond the head threads would be removed.
    I've read that the corrosion is an issue with the steel plug being in contact with the aluminum head. I think I'm gonna spray a bunch of pb blaster in the holes around the plugs the night before I do it. Then I'll antiseize the new plugs before they go in. I just hate to do it when it's running fine and screw it up and end up having to helicoil a hole.

Good point - but there could also be carbon buildup on the plug threads. Couldn't hurt to do both.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

The rear is in and all front and rear oil leaks are fixed. Unfortunately it's time to put it away for the winter, so I haven't driven if further than the end of the driveway to turn it around and back it right back into the garage. It's been washed, waxed, and covered. The car will sit on stock wheels/tires for the winter. I do plan on working on the transmission over the winter, so this thread won't be completely dead.
    Don't mind the messy garage. I'm in the process of getting it cleaned up from quite a few car projects this year.

With the wife's commuter car; a 2002 Toyota Echo.
    mark

Decided it was time to replace the turbo Focus avatar with a turbo Mach avatar. I'm not a graphics guy, but I think it came out OK using GIMP.

mark

Some bling for 2016.

mark

So what does Cam's car look like?

Looks like a new black Dodge Ram.
    I met him in Uniontown, at quite possibly the busiest Eat N Park in PA. Sorry no sneak-peek for me either!
    mark

Looks like a soup kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by John4cam View Post
    Ahh fuque
    1985 Ranger--2WD, basic bolt-ons and tires, 11.92 @ 111mph.

1986 Ranger--2WD, 5.0/T5/8.8.

I hope cam doesn't mind, but I took a picture of it when he wasnt paying attention.

1987 Fiero GT
    Precision 6466, L67, 4T80e, MS3Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I hope cam doesn't mind, but I took a picture of it when he wasnt paying attention.

Thanks Tom, but it looks better in the picture than in real life :)

Quote Originally Posted by Cam99 View Post
    Thanks Tom, but it looks better in the picture than in real life :)
    I'm pretty good at picture taking.
    1987 Fiero GT
    Precision 6466, L67, 4T80e, MS3Pro

Front tire is flat....
    -Barry
    2003 Ford Mustang Dark Shadow Grey 4.6L GT
    2004 Ford F-150 Super Crew Dark Shadow Grey 5.4L

Quote Originally Posted by 95V6 View Post
    Front tire is flat....
    Suspension colapsed from doing wheelies.
    Quote Originally Posted by John4cam View Post
    Ahh fuque
    1985 Ranger--2WD, basic bolt-ons and tires, 11.92 @ 111mph.

1986 Ranger--2WD, 5.0/T5/8.8.