Thread: WTB Cordoba Parts

WTB Cordoba Parts

I know this is an extreme long shot, but I have to try. I had my son's Cordoba sitting the driveway running yesterday while I was sweeping out the garage and decided to shut it off because it was low on gas. I opened the door and the entire interior was full of electrical smoke. It looks like something shorted in the wipers and melted the dashboard harness , part of the firewall plug, and part of the underhood harness. Needless to say being his first car my son is really bummed out about it. The car is a 1976. If anyone knows of one sitting around please let me know.

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Oh man that's a bummer. I hope you find a harness somewhere.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Hangin' with my toddler. Silverhatch's Avatar
    Man, haven't even seen one in a junkyard in years.

Formerly 2011 GB/CS & CST 03 03 OW SVT's Avatar
    I saw A 76 Córdoba for sale at a cruise in Sept. It was 7 grand I think. I know that doesn't help ya but I think you're gonna have a hard time finding a harness without a car attached to it. Lol
    17 Ram 1500 Big Horn Hemi
    16 Comp O GT Performance Pack
    03 Oxford white Cobra (Gone but not forgotten)

I think one was for sale at a tint shop on University Blvd across the street from the Toyota dealer...but that was 3-4 months ago.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

Searchtempest? Wonder what might interchange... Charger, Fury?

how smoked is what the one you got? Maybe it's salvageable?

Quote Originally Posted by gpfarrell View Post
    Searchtempest? Wonder what might interchange... Charger, Fury?

how smoked is what the one you got? Maybe it's salvageable?
    Any of those would likely interchange or at least give me parts to work with. I need to find something close enough to go take it off myself. Not many people are going to be willing to take a dashboard that far apart for a $50.00 wiring harness.

I didn't check their inventory, but Millerstown Pic A Part does have theirs online: http://picapartyard.com/

You can also try www.moparts.com - all things Mopar, with a classified section, and wanted section. Yaneverknow.
    ChuckT
    Sponsored by
    Wholesale Transmission - New Kensington
    Millerstown Pic A Part

Will Work For Car Parts Terminated's Avatar
    Is it too far gone to patch in new wire? Might be worth a couple of hours teaching your son how to solder and shrink wrap. Worst case scenario.
    Dan -- 2003 Cobra DSG Coupe #6009

If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it. IG: @donuttrump

Quote Originally Posted by CobraII View Post
    I didn't check their inventory, but Millerstown Pic A Part does have theirs online: http://picapartyard.com/

You can also try www.moparts.com - all things Mopar, with a classified section, and wanted section. Yaneverknow.
    Millertown doesn't have anything. I will check Moparts. The problem seems to be everything got scrapped when scrap went real high.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminated View Post
    Is it too far gone to patch in new wire? Might be worth a couple of hours teaching your son how to solder and shrink wrap. Worst case scenario.
    Melted connectors and multiple melted wires. We may try to fix it if I can't find anything. From the looks of it it will take alot of time to fix it. May even be able to just rig something up to work all though I hate to do that.

Fat guy in a turbo car JeffreyCole's Avatar
    Make sure to find the source of the issue too. Just replacing the wire without finding what caused the short will just melt the new wires too.
    90 TSi AWD Auto - 10.359@128.41
    Best MPH: 132.21
    Best 60' 1.490

Hi! I'M DAKS #1 BITCH! TooFast98Cobra's Avatar
    I saw this build and thought of this thread.

http://www.horsepowerjunkies.com/for...d.php?t=150229

Quote Originally Posted by mustang50lx View Post
    Millertown doesn't have anything. I will check Moparts. The problem seems to be everything got scrapped when scrap went real high.
    I'm a Moparts member if you don't feel like joining it; let me know if you want me to post there or PM someone if you find something. I'll try to remember to ask a couple Mopar friends too.
    ChuckT
    Sponsored by
    Wholesale Transmission - New Kensington
    Millerstown Pic A Part

I know these guys are cheesy as hell on TV but, may be worth a call to get what you need cut out of a car?

http://www.dvap.com/?s=any&q_make=Ch...&submit=Search

If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it. IG: @donuttrump

Wow - they actually have a few....

That would be cool to live near there - so many cool projects and rust free in that yard.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    Wow - they actually have a few....

That would be cool to live near there - so many cool projects and rust free in that yard.
    Might be the only place left that hasn't crushed all those Malaise-era cars.

Quote Originally Posted by CobraII View Post
    I'm a Moparts member if you don't feel like joining it; let me know if you want me to post there or PM someone if you find something. I'll try to remember to ask a couple Mopar friends too.
    I will let you know Chuck. Thanks. I emailed that Desert Valley place. They have 4 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminated View Post
    I know these guys are cheesy as hell on TV but, may be worth a call to get what you need cut out of a car?

http://www.dvap.com/?s=any&q_make=Ch...&submit=Search
    Thanks for the heads up