Thread: Roush Supercharger Opinion

Roush Supercharger Opinion

I've been tossing around the idea of getting a 2016 GT Premium in the spring, keeping it for a year or so, selling the Trans Am, and supercharging it. Any opinions on the Roush kit? To be honest, I like the idea of an all-inclusive kit, including the tune.

I browsed through the installation and it all looks straight forward, just a little grinding of the timing cover and intake manifold. Yes you lose the strut tower brace, and have to make a cut to the K-member, which is a downside.

Any opinions?
    1995 Pontiac Trans Am
    2016 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
    2021 Acura RDX

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    I have heard the Roush tunes leave a LOT on the table. But they do have a reputation of being very safe. I think Koala mentioned Roush tweaked their own tune on his 2015 and found him 40+ horses.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Why not just buy one with a roush on it already and with a warranty.
    2019 Hellcat
    2015 Norwalk NMRA true street 13 second winner

Be sure to check out the VMP kit also. More efficient than the Roush and I believe they offer a complete package also
    2015 Charger Hellcat
    2.4" upper pulley, ID1300 injectors, BAP, E85 tune, Cat Delete Pipes, One Piece Drive Shaft, Diff Brace, 305/35/20 555R's for the street and 305/45/18 MT ET Street R's for the track. 9.97@142 Best ET

85 GT
    Heads and Cam plus other bolt ons

73 F250
    Lifted, 35's, 460 4spd

Real name = Ray

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    I have heard the Roush tunes leave a LOT on the table. But they do have a reputation of being very safe. I think Koala mentioned Roush tweaked their own tune on his 2015 and found him 40+ horses.
    I think it was in October that they started advertising it as 670 hp vs. 627.

This is going to be a daily driver, so a safe tune is a good match, and that's plenty of power (that's what they all say at first!).

Quote Originally Posted by THE BIG KOALA View Post
    Why not just buy one with a roush on it already and with a warranty.
    Is it possible to get one with just the supercharger? Their "Stage 3" starts at $22K.

If I have it installed by a dealer, I can maintain the warranty, but doing it myself is part of the fun. The whole warranty thing seems a little unclear, with the whole Magnuson-Moss warranty act. I'm sure if there were engine problems it would be hard to argue it wasn't caused by the modifications, even if it wasn't.
    1995 Pontiac Trans Am
    2016 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
    2021 Acura RDX

I bought mine with just the supercharger. It is still for sale now. If I don't sell it by March then upgrades will start then. When I bought mine it came with a 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty.
    2019 Hellcat
    2015 Norwalk NMRA true street 13 second winner