Thread: 15-16 gt exhaust?

15-16 gt exhaust?

Haven't been on here for a while and was just thinking about some opinions and I figured what better place than here. About a month ago I picked up a new 16 Cali special gt and have been back an forth about what exhaust route to go. From the early 5.0s I was always a Mac fan and recently I had a 13 gt prior with a roush axle back. I loved the way it sounded but with this new car I'm not sure which route to go. I was between Mac cat back, mbrp race or street cat back, or possibly a corsa cat back system. Really I've been all over the place between all the options. Haven't heard any in person and just can't make up my mind. I've heard the roush cat back on a 15 and it was way quieter than my 13. Anyone else heard any of these different exhaust combos on the new 15-16s?

I have the magnaflow on my 15, its sounds great, but I also have a whipple 2.9 installed

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    I have spent lots of time window-shopping on YouTube and in person, and I think Borla is hands-down the best sounding system out there for the Coyote. Zero drone - whether you go with Touring, S-type, or Atak. I will eventually go with S-types or Ataks on my '14 GT. Tons of people go with the GT500 axle backs and later "upgrade" to Borlas. Great, rich, deep sound that sounds amazing. I have heard that many other brands - Roush, Flowmaster, and others - all have significant drone. The Borla is the best choice IMO - whether you go axle back or cat back.

Borla axle-backs combined with Boss 302 side-exit pipes would be an amazing combo.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

I have the mbrp race cat back on my 15 and I like it because it's deep and loud.
    2019 Hellcat
    2015 Norwalk NMRA true street 13 second winner

Never really have heard alot about the borlas. They are combined in with Ford racing now correct?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    I think Borla may make the Ford Racing stuff - not sure if they are of equal quality though. Have not heard them side by side.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

I debated between the MBRP street and the Roush on my 15. I went with the Roush and I'm happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 GTPP

mbrp street here. sounds fantastic and its all tone no drone.

Not sure how different the '15-16 sounds vs. the '14 that I just did but I went back to my old-school foxbody tried and true days and went with Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back. Sound in my opinion is very similar to the traditional Flowmaster sound. About same volume level as my Roush exhaust was on my '08.

Well thanks for all the info guys not entirely sure which route I want to go. Maybe after I hear some in person I'll go after something.

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    I debated between the MBRP street and the Roush on my 15. I went with the Roush and I'm happy.

Did you only do the roush axle back or did you have a resonator delete also? Was wondering what they sounded like with a resonator h or x delete and the roush? I've heard them with the resonator still on but not without it.

Quote Originally Posted by mplacek View Post
    Did you only do the roush axle back or did you have a resonator delete also? Was wondering what they sounded like with a resonator h or x delete and the roush? I've heard them with the resonator still on but not without it.
    I still have my resonator on still. Sorry.

2015 GTPP

I have long tubes, x pipe, over axle pipes and Kooks axlebacks. I love the way the car sounds at WOT, although it is a bit rapsy with wide throttle openings at low rpm. They are very tame when cruising around. Have in car video with windows down but it doesn't do it justice IMO.
    2014 Mustang GT Stock and for sale
    2014 M235i (wife's)
    1964 Ford F-100

coltons car sounds good with just muffler deletes and straight pipes. I believe that is what he did atleast. Relatively quiet unless you get on it.

I'm not a huge fan of how the coyote motors sound with a loud exhaust setup.

Just a little 500 whp V6

i have gt500s and love them the only other muffler i would run is kooks , i have no cats so its pretty loud as is
    Troy
    95 gt 11.3 @ 126
    68 f100 SB soon to be coyote powered
    12 GT 6m cobra jet powered 11.4 @124
    90 lx supercharged 440 rwhp on 8 lbs
    17 f150 crew cab coyote powered

PEOPLE HAVE MORE FUN THAN ANYONE