Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Cam's procharged cobra build thread

lmao, why am I not surprised!

Those headlights are nice. I'd like to get a set of those for my f150. I think the original owner would've been better off using JB weld on that exhaust.

Haterz gonna hate

Ok so the latest hitch in my Mustang story was the clutch pedal losing all the tension (http://www.steelcitymusclecars.com/f...e-clutch-cable). Ordered a cable, firewall adjuster,and quadrant from steeda. Installed this morning and problem solved. It lives again
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's nice to hear!

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Put any miles on it today Cam? Today was a beaut!
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

sadly I didn't. Have some family from out of town visiting and didn't have time to play. Sure as hell won't get to drive it next week!

OK quick update. So the car has been having a fun time of breaking every time I drive it more than 500 yards from my house. So last time the quadrent went to hell and came back on a flatbed. Fixed that. Next time I took it out (about 1/2 mile from home) at the top of second gear pull loud POP and car stumbled to a barely idle on the side of the road. Thankfully it was just the t clamp on the throttle body popped off under boost. Now the funny part is that it's to small and was just barely holding on the the TB. Just slid the fitting on and limped it home. Started the process of replacing all the poopy worm gear clamps that procharger provides with t-bolt clamps. Took it out again and about 4 miles from home all of a sudden I smell a very strong smell of antifreeze. Temp gauge fine, but obvious problem. Limped it home again and popped hood. Coolant everywhere and couldn't find the source. Next day cleaned mess up refilled tank and started up car. Let it get up to temp. No leaks, drips, any thing. Seemed like a pressure cap on the coolant tank. Got ford replacement and drove it about 11 miles. No leaks and made it back under it's own power!! Victory

Keep on sorting her out Cam! Spring will be here before you know it.

Says the guy who hasn't started his car in a month.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    Keep on sorting her out Cam! Spring will be here before you know it.

Says the guy who hasn't started his car in a month.
    I'm trying. The urge to set it on fire has cropped up a time or two, but so far I've resisted

LOL, dang you have some great luck so far. Kill those bugs now so it's bullet proof later.
    Ed...
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, leveled, 35" tires
    2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange/5speed Best 1/4 11.94@113.64, 1/8 7.59@89.48, 1.57 60' - Best 60' 1.51, just a NA 2v

Quote Originally Posted by Cam99 View Post
    OK quick update. So the car has been having a fun time of breaking every time I drive it more than 500 yards from my house. So last time the quadrent went to hell and came back on a flatbed. Fixed that. Next time I took it out (about 1/2 mile from home) at the top of second gear pull loud POP and car stumbled to a barely idle on the side of the road. Thankfully it was just the t clamp on the throttle body popped off under boost. Now the funny part is that it's to small and was just barely holding on the the TB. Just slid the fitting on and limped it home. Started the process of replacing all the poopy worm gear clamps that procharger provides with t-bolt clamps. Took it out again and about 4 miles from home all of a sudden I smell a very strong smell of antifreeze. Temp gauge fine, but obvious problem. Limped it home again and popped hood. Coolant everywhere and couldn't find the source. Next day cleaned mess up refilled tank and started up car. Let it get up to temp. No leaks, drips, any thing. Seemed like a pressure cap on the coolant tank. Got ford replacement and drove it about 11 miles. No leaks and made it back under it's own power!! Victory
    Nice Cam! Definitely know that feeling. Thankfully it hasn't been anything too expensive yet. Keep sorting out the bugs and it should be a fun toy this year.
    2015 Charger Hellcat
    2.4" upper pulley, ID1300 injectors, BAP, E85 tune, Cat Delete Pipes, One Piece Drive Shaft, Diff Brace, 305/35/20 555R's for the street and 305/45/18 MT ET Street R's for the track. 9.97@142 Best ET

85 GT
    Heads and Cam plus other bolt ons

73 F250
    Lifted, 35's, 460 4spd

Real name = Ray

Good work! You have to keep that car at least through this racing season!
    mark
    '04 Mach 1. Built. Turbo. 667whp/631wtq
    '06 Focus. Built. Turbo. WMI. 12.43 @ 115 (sold)
    '03 Mach 1 : 12.61 @ 106.59 (sold)
    he's into that, that spiritual stuff. <><

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    Says the guy who hasn't started his car in a month and buys jack stands in bulk.
    fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by John4cam View Post
    Ahh fuque
    1985 Ranger--2WD, basic bolt-ons and tires, 11.92 @ 111mph.

1986 Ranger--2WD, 5.0/T5/8.8.

Sorting out the bugs is the worst. I spent a long time getting my car to make it more than 10 pulls without something going wrong lol.

Just a little 500 whp V6

I wish I had something good to come back with...

Quote Originally Posted by Cam99 View Post
    The urge to set it on fire has cropped up a time or two, but so far I've resisted
    Call me first if you go this route. We'll shoot it with the AK and make it look like t3rrorism. That way, no deductible on your ins.
    2019 Colorado ZR2

You got about the same luck as I do Cam....lol
    Corvette Z06

Growing up.............Not everyone does it!

Will Work For Car Parts Terminated's Avatar
    It's just a Ford thing. I swear my car needs something replaced every year even if it sees 2000 easy miles per year. I should just start abusing it more and make replacing parts worth it at least.
    Dan -- 2003 Cobra DSG Coupe #6009

If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it. IG: @donuttrump

lol, looks like i'm not the only one thats been down this road. i got the old girl inspected today, the sticker was almost 2 years out!! :0