Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dirt Bikes

Dirt Bikes

Anyone on here ride dirt bikes? Just got back into riding. Got a '16 YZ250X and looking for people to ride with. Let me know if so where and what you ride etc.. Thanks!
    Mark
    LeMans Blue Z06

Not a bike, but I recently bought a quad to plow my driveway with and run around on in and around my property. First ATV I've owned in about 20 years so I must admit I'm a little rusty and nowhere near as daring as I once was.

Quote Originally Posted by travj31 View Post
    Not a bike, but I recently bought a quad to plow my driveway with and run around on in and around my property. First ATV I've owned in about 20 years so I must admit I'm a little rusty and nowhere near as daring as I once was.
    That's cool. Had started on dirt bikes many years ago then got away from it then went to quads for a while and decided to return to my roots and live like a young guy again so I can relate. :)
    Mark
    LeMans Blue Z06

Yamaha is trying to compete with KTM. YZ250FX. Same engine as 250F, with wide ratio tranny, 18" rear wheel, kickstand, milder ECU tuning, electric start, etc.

yz250fx.jpg
    2019 Colorado ZR2

Hi! I'M DAKS #1 BITCH! TooFast98Cobra's Avatar
    I know went12's races and is good i hear.

Remember the WORKS bike from the 70's and 80's before the teams had to use production bikes?

This collection is awesome: https://www.mxworksbike.com/index.ph...es/works-bikes
    2019 Colorado ZR2

Woah this thread is back from the dead. Riding a Husqvarna now. This is what it looked like when it was brand new.

20171022_131258.jpg
    Mark
    LeMans Blue Z06

Wow that Husky is sharp, awesome bike! Picked up an 02 Honda CR250 in the fall and gave it a modern frame off resto, came out really nice, I'll have to get some pics. Before that I went thru a slew of bikes in a span of 6 months.... YZ250F, KTM 150SX, RMZ250 and 450. Grew up on 2 strokes and just prefer those over a 4 stroke.
    03 Cobra 10th Anniversary
    70 Nova SS

Quote Originally Posted by Dickbag 5.h0 View Post
    Wow that Husky is sharp, awesome bike! Picked up an 02 Honda CR250 in the fall and gave it a modern frame off resto, came out really nice, I'll have to get some pics. Before that I went thru a slew of bikes in a span of 6 months.... YZ250F, KTM 150SX, RMZ250 and 450. Grew up on 2 strokes and just prefer those over a 4 stroke.
    Sounds nice! Def post up some pics when you can. Yep I go thru bikes also lol!!
    Mark
    LeMans Blue Z06

Nice Mark! I always liked Husky's as something a little different..... just wanting something out of the ordinary, I REALLY wanted a Cannondale 450 back in the early 2000's when they were still making dirt bikes (i think they stopped)....

I've still got my 2009 RMZ450 - decked, ported and polished head, 470cc stroker... she's a monster, but unfortunately i haven't rode much in the last 3 years since moving to NY... this state is a real SOB to find somewhere to ride.... now, snowmobiles on the other hand.... but I'm not going there - don't need anything else to maintain.
    2015 Corvette Z06
    - Shark Grey / Kalahari
    - bolt-ons, tune, lots of carbon fiber (642/671 rwhp/tq)

Quote Originally Posted by SonofaBish View Post
    Nice Mark! I always liked Husky's as something a little different..... just wanting something out of the ordinary, I REALLY wanted a Cannondale 450 back in the early 2000's when they were still making dirt bikes (i think they stopped)....

I've still got my 2009 RMZ450 - decked, ported and polished head, 470cc stroker... she's a monster, but unfortunately i haven't rode much in the last 3 years since moving to NY... this state is a real SOB to find somewhere to ride.... now, snowmobiles on the other hand.... but I'm not going there - don't need anything else to maintain.
    Hey Bish nice to hear from you! Thanks for the kind words. I do like things that are different. Riding areas have always been a challenge no matter where we live. Maybe one day we can get together and blast some trails. Stay well, my friend!
    Mark
    LeMans Blue Z06

I would love to set something up for Marienville - - - I've actually never rode the "bike trail", but have heard its challenging and fun.... I think that's probably 2 hours from Pgh (?) and its about 3 hours from me! Just hope 3 years of only ever getting it out in my yard hasn't gotten me SO out of shape that i hurt myself... only one way to find out!
    2015 Corvette Z06
    - Shark Grey / Kalahari
    - bolt-ons, tune, lots of carbon fiber (642/671 rwhp/tq)

Quote Originally Posted by u1arunit View Post
    Sounds nice! Def post up some pics when you can. Yep I go thru bikes also lol!!
    Will do. I did a semi-modern restore on this old relic last winter, 1987 Honda TRX250R. She's definitely a keeper, no plans of letting this one go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    03 Cobra 10th Anniversary
    70 Nova SS

Quote Originally Posted by Dickbag 5.h0 View Post
    Will do. I did a semi-modern restore on this old relic last winter, 1987 Honda TRX250R. She's definitely a keeper, no plans of letting this one go.
    OMG that is Sweet!!!!!!! My friend Chuck used to have one of those exact machines! Had a ton of fun with it. No doubt nice ones are very hard to find now-a-days.
    Mark
    LeMans Blue Z06

Quote Originally Posted by SonofaBish View Post
    I would love to set something up for Marienville - - - I've actually never rode the "bike trail", but have heard its challenging and fun.... I think that's probably 2 hours from Pgh (?) and its about 3 hours from me! Just hope 3 years of only ever getting it out in my yard hasn't gotten me SO out of shape that i hurt myself... only one way to find out!
    That sounds like a do-able plan. We'll talk soon.
    Mark
    LeMans Blue Z06

You guys are killing me. Was looking at a leftover 17 YZ450F today. This old man don't need no stinkin 18" wheel, softer suspension and de-tuned engine to blast around in the woods.
    2019 Colorado ZR2

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    You guys are killing me. Was looking at a leftover 17 YZ450F today. This old man don't need no stinkin 18" wheel, softer suspension and de-tuned engine to blast around in the woods.
    Just here to help. LOL!!
    Mark
    LeMans Blue Z06

2019 Colorado ZR2

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    Sweet!
    Mark
    LeMans Blue Z06

This place is pretty cool. Went here once when I had a Raptor.

https://www.mountainridgeatvtrails.com/

Any other areas in SWPA to ride... "legal" areas???
    2019 Colorado ZR2