Thread: FS: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V - $8k

Threaded View

Kickin it Old School somethingclever's Avatar

FS: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V - $8k

For Sale – 2005 Cadillac CTS-V - $8k

It is necessary for me to sell my V. I have had it two years and performed a lot of upgrades to this car, and general maintenance. When I purchased it in 2013 I flew out of state and drove it home. The car showed no accidents on Carfax when I bought it and there were none during my ownership. This is a southern (Alabama/Virginia) car. I drove it last winter and this winter. Car is still 100% rust free everywhere. I wash it weekly in the winter. When I bought it, it had 5k miles on a new built LS6 and LS7 clutch. Pretty much everything else was original with 105k miles (now at 134k) at that time and in really nice shape inside and out. I had planned on doing the normal bushing/mount upgrades to this car and driving it for quite a few years, hopefully trouble free.

Full disclosure here: And that brings me to today. Currently there is a light clacking noise from the front of the engine and it sounds like it’s behind the timing cover. Car also has low oil pressure – 40 cold idle and 5-8 hot idle. Hot driving around is 12-15psi. I think it’s the oil pump both making the noise and the reason for the low pressure. Due to having a failed (high) oil pressure sensor when the noise first developed, I did not realize the low pressure and I have driven the car around like this for a few months. (even drove it today as a matter of fact…LOL) Given the fact I have put a couple thousand miles on it like this, I do not think it spun a rod or main brg – catastrophic failure would have already happened. The noise sounds like top-end and at the front of the engine. I have checked lash on both drivers and pass side rockers and nothing is loose. Heads are super clean inside. I am selling the car cheap because I am anticipating the engine should get pulled, checked for wear/failure, new oil pump installed and engine re-installed. Normally I would have already done it this weekend, but with all my more important commitments, I simply don’t have time anymore.

The engine details are as follows
    :
    Rebuilt LS6 with professionally ported 243 heads. Hardened pushrods, titanium retainers, new springs..etc. Engine was rebuilt by Maryland Performance. See attached spec sheets.
    Custom Comp Cam
    Hardened Pushrods
    LS6 intake
    K&N FIPK
    Racetronix full wire upgrade for the fuel pump

Exhaust:
    Kooks Long Tube Headers into Kooks midpipe and Borla catback with low profile cutouts (cold start with cutouts open sounds like Nascar. ;) ) Entire system is mandrel bent stainless – maybe the nicest quality exhaust I have owned.

New Parts in the last 15k miles:
    I have replaced all the known problem points on these cars with parts from Creative Steel.
    Engine Mounts – 80A urethane
    Transmission Mount – 80A
    Rear differential Mount – 95 A
    Rear Cradle Mounts – 95A
    Shifter rail bushings
    Newest version rear trailing arms that work with lowered cars and wide tires – complete with spherical joints at the chassis and urethane at the rear knuckle.
    New front sway bar bushings – 95A
    Aftermarket shifter (still really sloppy)
    Replaced all four sway bar end links with moog greasable
    New front wheel bearing (pass side)
    New header gaskets (when I did the engine mounts)
    New MSD wires
    New Serp belt tensioner and belt

Within the last 5k miles:
    Near rear rotors, cut front rotors, and new pads all four corners
    (4) New correct AC Delco replacement dampers for FE4 suspension cars
    Alignment
    New NGK TR6 plugs
    New $200 Gold series battery

Other points:
    Car has Lloyd’s mats front and rear
    Trunk has been sound proofed
    Interior is black with suede inserts – great shape – no real wear or stains
    Radio buttons are like new
    Rear diff is gen 2 from a 40k miles car and is quiet
    Driveshaft is stock from a 40k mile car and looked great when installed
    The O2 sensor for the wideband needs replaced

Everything electrically works on this car – the heated seats, A/C, heat, all power functions, the NAV, DVD, sunroof, XM…etc! It was a $55k car when new.

For $8k the car comes with (4) OEM wheels painted black and the tires need replaced. For $500 more you can get the (4) OEM wheels with like new yokohama ice guards.

I am taking a huge bath on this car but at the moment it is necessary.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -JOHN

Carburetors and SAE wrenches.................

Buy Made in the USA - It Matters.