Thread: 2004 srt4 priced to sell!!

2004 srt4 priced to sell!!

Took this as a partial trade when I sold my Mustang, and I've had a blast putting about 2k miles on it, but time to let it go. It's an 04 with around 82xxx miles on it. I drive it so it changes. Runs and drives 100%. I'd feel safe driving this car anywhere. Just had my mechanic check it out before I put it up for sale and the only thing it needed was a drivers side tie rod which he replaced. Going to need front tires also, but has inspection and emissions till 10/16. It was mildly modded when I got it, and I'm no expert on these cars, so just telling you what I remember being told of the mod list. Stage 2, short throw shifter,iceman CAI, catback exhaust (still has cats), BOV, 60# injectors, FMIC. There may be a couple more things, but it's not heavily modified and is a blast to drive. Has normal options, keyless, sunroof, etc. Everything works, cold AC. Also has a decklid with no spoiler if you prefer. The car has a few scratches and normal condition you would expect from a 12 year old car, the worst being some clear coat flaking on the rear spoiler. It has a clean PA title, but car fax shows it was a loss in NY in 2011. The other issue is due to a clerical error during the title transfer the mileage was listed at 179xxx miles. I saw the paperwork, and the owner started writing 79 in the wrong line of the title and scratched out the 7. when he did they took it as a 1 and therefore it got listed as 179. I ran a carfax when I got it and the mileage is tracked from new till that transfer and it is correct until then. Basically it says the car got 100,000 miles in the span of four months during the winter! lol It could be disputed, or when the title is transferred with the proper mileage it will come back as TMU (true miles unknown). Like I said have the paperwork to show the documentation of the true miles. Priced to sell at $5,000. Great fun car for cheap.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is tempting... Won't last long at this price. What's the average 1/4 time for these in stock trim?
    Last edited by travj31; 05-24-2016 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by travj31 View Post
    This is tempting... Won't last long at this price. What's the average 1/4 time for these in stock trim?
    I would honestly be surprised if it lasts a week at 5K. IIRC the hero times of these were the same as new edge Mustangs of the day 13.9 ish.

Ive heard of locals going low 13s stock

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Nice little car. What's up with the funky paint on the engine cover?
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Cam wanted to match his leopard undies

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    Nice little car. What's up with the funky paint on the engine cover?
    It's a little plastic piece that easily pops off, so it lets people get creative. Was like that when I got it

Quote Originally Posted by travj31 View Post
    Mine went 13.5@101. 2.0 60'. Had stage 1 from Chrysler, was an '03 (open diff). Zero other mods.
    2014 Mustang GT Stock and for sale
    2014 M235i (wife's)
    1964 Ford F-100

Dear god I hate every time I try and sell a car on Craigslist. The madness has begun

Dead Sea Racing Crew phillysrt4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George C View Post
    Ive heard of locals going low 13s stock

I have serious doubts they were stock . I stopped following the SRT in earnest around 6 years ago. At the time the fastest bone stock run was a 13.69. And this was true stock down to tires, not mustang stock, srt stock, etc. If they could have shaved another 2 tenths off that I'm sure it would have been done prior to 2010/2011.

Mark with the stage 1 has a realistic time with great air and sticky tires. Best I could crack off on street tires at PRP in high summer heat was a 14.2 @104 with a 2.2 60' (stage 2 no other bolt ons).

This car with the mods it has could get fairly deep in the 13's with sticky tires but is a great starting point to get into the 12's or faster with the right tweaks or a turbo swap. The motor is pretty stout. You'll want to do something about traction long before you'd think about cracking the motor open.

EDIT- FWIW the config my car had before I sold it was stage 3 (TD05LR-15GK2 if I remember right. i know it was a TD05 with a 15G wheel. def bigger than stock regardless) with suppporting intake and exhaust mods and a bigger front mount that fit in the stock location just a thicker core (IMO the physics never supported the need for an oversized IC). That car at QCR in 90 degree heat cracked a 12.5 at 118 with some 100 octane in the tank, so the car has potential. A true "big turbo" like a GT3076R would destroy my setup and would only need pump gas to do it.
    Last edited by phillysrt4; 05-28-2016 at 06:31 PM.

Dead Sea Racing Crew phillysrt4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam99 View Post
    Dear god I hate every time I try and sell a car on Craigslist. The madness has begun
    how many lowballs have you gotten already?

Quote Originally Posted by phillysrt4 View Post
    how many lowballs have you gotten already?
    Had a 19 year old come out, want it, make arrangements to pick up the next day , then cancel with some lame ass excuses. Truth was he lives at home and mommy shot it down. Then about a million trade offers even though I stated no trades in the add, and another three or so people make appointments then either no show or reschedule it.Theres 3 or 4 people supposed to come tomorrow. Shall see if any actually show. Pricing it to sell fast only seem to attract f-tards

Exactly the reason I'll eat the $2,xxx delta between Private Party and Trade value... IF I ever trade this Miata in...

Last thing I tried to sell on CL was the R1. Some kid showed up and asked if I'd take personal check. Ad said specifically, "Bank/Cashier's Check or cash only". I said, "If you can write me a personal check for $5,000, you can write yourself a personal check for $5,000 CASH and bring me the CASH. $5,000 is not a lot of money and most banks should have that in their vault". I lost him at "$5K is not a lot of money", his mouth dropped open and he left shortly thereafter.

GLWS Cam... :frowny:
    2019 Colorado ZR2

Fat guy in a turbo car JeffreyCole's Avatar
    Trade for an 84 W150?

LOL
    Last edited by JeffreyCole; 05-31-2016 at 07:50 AM. Reason: The LULZ
    90 TSi AWD Auto - 10.359@128.41
    Best MPH: 132.21
    Best 60' 1.490

Had a 19 year old come out, want it, make arrangements to pick up the next day , then cancel with some lame ass excuses. Truth was he lives at home and mommy shot it down. Then about a million trade offers even though I stated no trades in the add, and another three or so people make appointments then either no show or reschedule it.Theres 3 or 4 people supposed to come tomorrow. Shall see if any actually show. Pricing it to sell fast only seem to attract f-tards
    I think it's more the kind of car your selling that attracts the f-tards
    2015 Corvette Z06
    - Shark Grey / Kalahari
    - bolt-ons, tune, lots of carbon fiber (642/671 rwhp/tq)

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyCole View Post
    Trade for an 84 W150?

LOL
    Uhhh, I don't know what that is. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by SonofaBish View Post
    I think it's more the kind of car your selling that attracts the f-tards
    True that

sold, sold, sold

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Did the food stamps clear?

Seriously - congrats. Those skittles always seemed like they'd be a lot of fun.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    Did the food stamps clear?

Seriously - congrats. Those skittles always seemed like they'd be a lot of fun.
    It's a very fun car to drive, I was surprised how much I enjoyed it

........I was surprised how much I enjoyed it
    ....said Cam after he rode in my Ranger.
    Quote Originally Posted by John4cam View Post
    Ahh fuque
    1985 Ranger--2WD, basic bolt-ons and tires, 11.92 @ 111mph.

1986 Ranger--2WD, 5.0/T5/8.8.