Thread: Budget LS swap on a Caddy DTS

Budget LS swap on a Caddy DTS

Hey guys, I have a 2006 DTS with the dreaded Northstar, that has the dreaded Northstar problems. So I was thinking, rather than drop 5K on another Northstar + install only to have it fail again, I was seriously entertaining the idea of converting my caddy to either an LS4 5.3 or an L96 6.0 while retaining my nice beefy 4T80E tranny. Just looking for input here. All the research I've done suggests relocation of the starter, PCM mods, a VVT tune for the 6.0 (if I go that route), and mounting. I live near masontown and would love to hear some input before I start shopping for a donor.

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Welcome aboard! I'm sure someone here will be able to help you out. Tim Rodeheaver is a site sponsor and has a shop in your town. Great guy who knows his stuff.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    Welcome aboard! I'm sure someone here will be able to help you out. Tim Rodeheaver is a site sponsor and has a shop in your town. Great guy who knows his stuff.
    yeah, this X 10,000,001

edit: just realized he did put this in the Rodeheaver section... Tim doesn't always get on the site. Get on his website and send him an email!
    Last edited by Troll; 07-19-2016 at 09:59 PM.
    2019 Colorado ZR2

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Good catch Adam. Solid work right there.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Kickin it Old School somethingclever's Avatar
    Troll5000 rides again
    -JOHN

Carburetors and SAE wrenches.................

Buy Made in the USA - It Matters.