Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Site Behavior and Posting in General

Good.
    -Barry
    2003 Ford Mustang Dark Shadow Grey 4.6L GT
    2004 Ford F-150 Super Crew Dark Shadow Grey 5.4L

Quote Originally Posted by John4cam View Post
    I'm not trying to get a rise or be combative, but if something is said in a personal ad then yes....I think something should be done. If it's a BS thread, then I think people need to get thicker skin. Everyone has an opinion. Everyone likes what they like. There's lots of jabs all over around here....and without them, the site will die.
    john, I understand about the jabs which is what i referenced in my post about making fun of people about their cars being on jack stands etc..

this thread is a prime example. this is a serious thread about the site and the negative posting continued in it

we are not in high school, we are all adults enjoying our passion for cars

I would never post something about someone I don't even know or have met

as I stated, all things are open for discussion

I want this site to thrive, so feel free to give our opinion or suggestions to make that happen
    Current Stable
    2013 School Bus Yellow Boss 302
    1993 Red Cobra

Previous Stable
    2012 White Mustang-Traded
    2004 Competition Orange Terminator - Sold
    2003 Black Cobra-Traded
    1998 Black Cobra-Traded
    1991 White 5.0 Conv-Sold
    1986 Purple 5.0 Trunk-Sold to Psycho 5.0

https://www.facebook.com/steelcitymusclecars

https://www.facebook.com/cruisin.cranberry

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Thanks PJ. I appreciate what you're doing to keep things civil.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

I'm out

I don't think talking shit on someone's for sale post or the price they're asking for something should be tolerated. It's bad business for the forum and for the seller. It makes people not wanna sell shit here. Noone gives a shit about how much you think their stuff is worth. Your OPINION is invalid. If you don't wanna buy it then move on and if your interested and think the price is too high PM an Offer. This is the only forum I'm on that let's this happen.
    Last edited by Monkeygrits; 09-01-2016 at 02:54 AM.

There are less then ten active people posting on the forum. Lets be glad PJ keeps it going regardless of the BS.
    -Barry
    2003 Ford Mustang Dark Shadow Grey 4.6L GT
    2004 Ford F-150 Super Crew Dark Shadow Grey 5.4L

Banned? Oh man. I spent all night laboring over the perfect post that would have put him in his place and made all of us mustang nutswingers roll on the floor laughing and jump for joy. Oh well.

Ok....not really. I was in bed sleeping since I have a real job to go to this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by John4cam View Post
    Ahh fuque
    1985 Ranger--2WD, basic bolt-ons and tires, 11.92 @ 111mph.

1986 Ranger--2WD, 5.0/T5/8.8.

Quote Originally Posted by George C View Post
    See that can be said many ways...1 way is if in a room full of fags you mention about men sucking dick and it offends ppl then are you out of line cause some fags got offended by what they do? Its called the truth...many cant handle the truth...
    So - of all the metaphors in the world you could have used, this is the one you chose?

2015 Corvette Z06
    - Shark Grey / Kalahari
    - bolt-ons, tune, lots of carbon fiber (642/671 rwhp/tq)

The **** is going on in here
    2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by 95V6 View Post
    There are less then ten active people posting on the forum. Lets be glad PJ keeps it going regardless of the BS.
    I'm sure he has the stat's, but I cant tell you how many people will see me and say "oh I seen you ran XX", or "I saw your picture" so people still check in here.

When someone details up their car and gets bashed for it, bolts on some wheels or an CAI and gets beat for it not being hard core enough, or tries to sell something and the peanut gallery is all over their overpriced whatever with no intention to even consider it for purchase, why would they continue to bother?

I'm guilty of being a stick poker a lot of the time taking jabs, but they sure as hell are intended as friendly, and I think most on the receiving end know that (except off idle Troy, that shits ridiculous) < - see, a friendly jab ;)
    Bob Myers ©

84 Capri RS Turbo -Best 1/8th - 6.24@109, Best 1/4 - 9.82@136...Still only a 4 banger

Yep, definitely a big difference between friendly jabs and purposefully stirring up dissension. Friendly rivalries bring a site like this together. Personal attacks and threats will drive it apart.
    mark
    '04 Mach 1. Built. Turbo. 667whp/631wtq
    '06 Focus. Built. Turbo. WMI. 12.43 @ 115 (sold)
    '03 Mach 1 : 12.61 @ 106.59 (sold)
    he's into that, that spiritual stuff. <><

I still check in daily just don't post much. Would Def like to see this site keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin0660 View Post
    I'm sure he has the stat's, but I cant tell you how many people will see me and say "oh I seen you ran XX", or "I saw your picture" so people still check in here.

When someone details up their car and gets bashed for it, bolts on some wheels or an CAI and gets beat for it not being hard core enough, or tries to sell something and the peanut gallery is all over their overpriced whatever with no intention to even consider it for purchase, why would they continue to bother?

I'm guilty of being a stick poker a lot of the time taking jabs, but they sure as hell are intended as friendly, and I think most on the receiving end know that (except off idle Troy, that shits ridiculous) < - see, a friendly jab ;)
    Your mullet comments really offend me...

See, it's fun. Haha
    Rob
    1 Monte SS. White.

Banned dates
    11/27/08
    4/25/11
    3/28/12
    12/1/12
    There are more but that's all that was logged!!!

I'd like to contribute more, but I haven't done crap with any vehicle for quite a while. Hell, I can't seem to get around to changing the oil! Even my avatar is out of date.
    1995 Pontiac Trans Am
    2016 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
    2021 Acura RDX

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wick View Post
    Your mullet comments really offend me...

See, it's fun. Haha
    i think you have a fine mullet Rob.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

I feel like I missed something...

Ed...
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, leveled, 35" tires
    2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange/5speed Best 1/4 11.94@113.64, 1/8 7.59@89.48, 1.57 60' - Best 60' 1.51, just a NA 2v

I'm gonna start a build thread soon. Let's make the ten active posters like 13.
    2014 Mustang GT Stock and for sale
    2014 M235i (wife's)
    1964 Ford F-100

I lurk in the forums, but don't post too often. I love reading all if the projects, friendly jabs and joking, and just conversations. I have seen many forums get destroyed by people with bad attitudes not caring about anyone and doing whatever they please.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    Former Grease Covered Sexiness @ Rodeheaver's

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - W/ parts over there.....and over there.......and some over there.....look, there's some more......

Fat guy in a turbo car JeffreyCole's Avatar
    I'm on here daily, but I haven't posted much lately. I will be at the track rental, whether I'm in my DSM, Mustang, or the TBSS I picked up about 2 months ago.

This is a great local site, and even though my "fast" car doesn't make sense to most of you, it is still fun to meet like minded local guys.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    90 TSi AWD Auto - 10.359@128.41
    Best MPH: 132.21
    Best 60' 1.490

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyCole View Post
    I'm on here daily, but I haven't posted much lately. I will be at the track rental, whether I'm in my DSM, Mustang, or the TBSS I picked up about 2 months ago.

This is a great local site, and even though my "fast" car doesn't make sense to most of you, it is still fun to meet like minded local guys.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    This is a complete misconception, I'm sure many people here respect what a dsm can do.