Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new ws6 project

new ws6 project

So leaving the ZL1 alone has left me very bored. Came across this and couldn't pass up. Beautiful low mileage california car that had considerable money thrown at it but it never came to proper fruition. I'm hoping to get the kinks worked out of it and it should be a proper badass when done. Overview is as such. Ls1 6 speed car. Has ported 241 heads, z06 cam,injectors, fast 92 intake and big mouth throttle body. Dougs long tubes with full borla exhaust. Procharger p1sc with the front mount intercooler upgrade. Act clutch sending power back to a 9" rear. Eibach springs and full suspension upgrade front to back. This is going to be a slow project to play with over winter so won't be regular updates here, but will update as I go. First up is getting rid rid of the turbonetics BOV and putting a surge valve back on it, Needs vacuum source routed better as well. Also adding a wideband in the near future.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sweet, another build thread! Looks like a fun project. Any idea the power when it's done?
    mark
    '04 Mach 1. Built. Turbo. 667whp/631wtq
    '06 Focus. Built. Turbo. WMI. 12.43 @ 115 (sold)
    '03 Mach 1 : 12.61 @ 106.59 (sold)
    he's into that, that spiritual stuff. <><

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Nice find Cam - always liked those cars.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

That sounds like it would be a fun ride.
    Ed...
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, leveled, 35" tires
    2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange/5speed Best 1/4 11.94@113.64, 1/8 7.59@89.48, 1.57 60' - Best 60' 1.51, just a NA 2v

Thanks guys. Figuring on around 500 rwhp then dial it around from there

Formerly 2011 GB/CS & CST 03 03 OW SVT's Avatar
    Congrats Camm. I just picked up an 02 Camaro SS, 6 sp manual too. Mine has some miles on it but is super clean. Its stock as a rock but want to do the usual to it. Heads, Cam, Full exhaust, Lower it, sub frames, strut tower brace, intake. Hoping for around 450whp when i'm done.
    17 Ram 1500 Big Horn Hemi
    16 Comp O GT Performance Pack
    03 Oxford white Cobra (Gone but not forgotten)

Quote Originally Posted by 03 OW SVT View Post
    Congrats Camm. I just picked up an 02 Camaro SS, 6 sp manual too. Mine has some miles on it but is super clean. Its stock as a rock but want to do the usual to it. Heads, Cam, Full exhaust, Lower it, sub frames, strut tower brace, intake. Hoping for around 450whp when i'm done.
    Very nice.Did you post any pics? These LS1 f bodies respond to mods so well it makes them a blast. My last one was a 99 SS. stock motor, stock auto, and 3.23's. Had lid, crap pacesetter lt's. no cat and a flowmaster exhaust. With a 100 shot on drag radials and some weight reduction it ran 11.3's at 121 with my big ass in it. Talk about bank for the buck! Otherwise stock car with almost 100k on the clock

Quote Originally Posted by Cam99 View Post
    Very nice.Did you post any pics? These LS1 f bodies respond to mods so well it makes them a blast. My last one was a 99 SS. stock motor, stock auto, and 3.23's. Had lid, crap pacesetter lt's. no cat and a flowmaster exhaust. With a 100 shot on drag radials and some weight reduction it ran 11.3's at 121 with my big ass in it. Talk about bank for the buck! Otherwise stock car with almost 100k on the clock
    That's a mighty big ass too!! Sheesh!! Hahaha
    Rob
    1 Monte SS. White.

Banned dates
    11/27/08
    4/25/11
    3/28/12
    12/1/12
    There are more but that's all that was logged!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wick View Post
    That's a mighty big ass too!! Sheesh!! Hahaha
    words hurt Rob. I'm down 38 pounds since July, so it's not quite as big

Nice car. Let me know if you decide to upgrade that Fast 92 might be interested in it.
    2014 Mustang GT Stock and for sale
    2014 M235i (wife's)
    1964 Ford F-100

Quote Originally Posted by Cam99 View Post
    words hurt Rob. I'm down 38 pounds since July, so it's not quite as big
    Hahaha. Weight reduction! Good job!
    Rob
    1 Monte SS. White.

Banned dates
    11/27/08
    4/25/11
    3/28/12
    12/1/12
    There are more but that's all that was logged!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    Nice find Cam - always liked those cars.
    Yeah I've always been a ford guy but those firebirds were awesome when they first came out. Great looking car.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeygrits View Post
    Yeah I've always been a ford guy but those firebirds were awesome when they first came out. Great looking car.
    Moment etched in my mind. In 2002 I had a mild bolt on Mustang GT. I got my doors absolutely blown off up three mile hill by a sinister looking black WS6. I remember looking in the rear view mirror, seeing those nostrils behind me and telling my wife, get ready we are about to get killed....and we did. And now I own a black WS6. Life is fun

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    You needed more bolt-ons. Wife's cousin had a black WS-6. Fun car. Only thing is you can't see the front end from the driver's seat when you're a short shit like me.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    You needed more bolt-ons. Wife's cousin had a black WS-6. Fun car. Only thing is you can't see the front end from the driver's seat when you're a short shit like me.
    needed to bolt on a power adder! LOL. Poor visability, it's a gm thing :)

Cam, that car should be well over 500.

I honestly don't know what kind of boost this thing will make yet. Some of those kits were only 5 psi. I'll be curious where it pans out

Its been a long time since I've been involved in the f-body scene, but you should only need 5-6lbs to make 500rwhp with that car as described.....

I still LOVE the looks of a WS6 when i see one on the road... to me, its an iconic look, and i will always love it, and it will always make me remember my 2 TransAm's.... then you sit inside it and you realize that you're sitting in an interior that was largely designed in the early 90's.... lol
    2015 Corvette Z06
    - Shark Grey / Kalahari
    - bolt-ons, tune, lots of carbon fiber (642/671 rwhp/tq)

well christmas came early. Took the air filter off to clean it and took a closer look at the head unit. Turns out it is a D1 sc and not a P1 as described. Bonus!! have a couple parts that fed ex is supposed to be dropping off tomorrow so may get to do a little work on it this weekend

So, unless there is an 8 inch pulley on it.....you will see well over 5-6 PSI. Lol