Thread: 2013 Mustang GT, Long tube headers and off-road hpipe pass allegheny emissions?

2013 Mustang GT, Long tube headers and off-road hpipe pass allegheny emissions?

Hello everyone, i was looking into upgrading my exhuast system by installing kooks long tube headers with an off-road hpipe, im also going to go with borla s-type axlebacks with lund racing tune. I heard many stories how people were able to pass emissions with no cats, even on the OBD checker. My question is, if i were to run this set up, would i be able to pass emissons in PA in Allegheny County? I heard alot of people saying that the reason for being able to pass is because of the lund tune, is that true or am i hearing false information? I just want to be sure that i could pass before i buy anything. Any thing or anyone with any insight would help, thanks!

:fart:

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Mike at Wolfpack Speed should be able to answer your questions. He works with Lund ( at least he has in the past ) and is in Allegheny County - Campbell's Run just before Carnegie.

I have heard that LT's with S-types and OR-H is VERY loud. I have S-type AB's to put on my '14 but I am keeping my cats.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

as soon as they hear your car they will know there is no cats
    Troy
    95 gt 11.3 @ 126
    68 f100 SB soon to be coyote powered
    12 GT 6m cobra jet powered 11.4 @124
    90 lx supercharged 440 rwhp on 8 lbs
    17 f150 crew cab coyote powered

PEOPLE HAVE MORE FUN THAN ANYONE

If you have access to a scan tool, Check under "catalyst system". I've believe that there are 7 categories , no more than 2 can say "not complete" or "not ready". If at least 6 of 7 say "complete" or "ready" you should be good. Assuming they let you slide on the visual inspection.

I just went thru this a couple weeks ago on one of my vehicles.

And yes. You will need a tune in order for this to work.

Hi! I'M DAKS #1 BITCH! TooFast98Cobra's Avatar
    Good info above. The tune u turn off the sensors but ya if they bend down and look they gonna see the truth. Who even inspects their cars anymore. My man is a cop

So that's where you go for the " lick em and stick em". Lucky guy

Hi! I'M DAKS #1 BITCH! TooFast98Cobra's Avatar

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1320goat View Post
    So that's where you go for the " lick em and stick em". Lucky guy
    Holy double-meaning, Batman!!
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Okay, i have heard of them before and i know they work with lund. Im still on the fence on going with an off-road hpipe or with the cats. It all depends on what i can handle with how loud it will be.

Not Bad for 367 SAE RWHP Pure Stock's Avatar
    Have a kooks off road x pipe for sale. Excellent condition.
    2011 Mustang GT, MT-82, 3.73's :

BONE STOCK 12.223@115.18