Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Traded in the zl1 and got a hellcat

All that money and they forgot to paint the hood.....🤔

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Nice ride. What DRs are you going with. I like the MT Street R's in 18 inch.

I put on nitto 555,only because I wanted the best overall drag radial that I could live with everyday rain or shine. I might at some point get some 18" drag wheels

Nice Ride!

Looks tough! Do all of the Hellcat's have the black hood?
    03 Cobra 10th Anniversary
    70 Nova SS

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    ^ I don't think so.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Satin hood was a $2k option

Cam, did you buy it brand new? That is really nice by the way!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Bought it with a whopping 361 miles on it

Tired of fixing other peoples' mistakes?

Those kittys are serious fun.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    Tired of fixing other peoples' mistakes?

Those kittys are serious fun.
    Have turned a leaf on that stuff. Every car I've bought stock and modified myself or through trusted shops have been fun. Everyone I've bought that's been modified before I got it has been a nightmare. No more. Lol

Well it's been a little while so I guess it's time... Good Luck With Sale..! :)
    Mark
    LeMans Blue Z06

I got to see the nittos in action at Keystone last night. Lots of smoke and melted rubber. Traction, well not so much. I see 10s no problem with better tires. Not bad for a completely stock car with less 1000 miles. Love my MOPARS.

Nice get some extra wheels 18 with et street r
    2001 Trans am WS6

Yes tire upgrade required. Still have to get cleaning
    Attached Images Attached Images

So what did the kitty run?

edit - just saw your other post. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    So what did the kitty run?

edit - just saw your other post. Nice!
    Thanks. I was impressed with the tank :)

Nice! Since you have owned a lot of other modern muscle cars... Shelby, Cobra, ZL1, Vette, etc, how would you compare it to those? Obviously it's faster, but what about everything else?

Quote Originally Posted by travj31 View Post
    Nice! Since you have owned a lot of other modern muscle cars... Shelby, Cobra, ZL1, Vette, etc, how would you compare it to those? Obviously it's faster, but what about everything else?
    Zl1 was the most precision perfect car I've had. Handled on rails,fantastic brakes, and with some mods pretty darn fast. Camaro shortcomings that have been beat to death. Can't see out of it and sub par interior. Still think they are beautiful to look at. So refined that it was kinda boring to drive. Felt large. Shelby I honestly hated. Felt slow, uncomfortable, god awful third gear lock out issues. Regretted selling my cobra for it moments after buying it. Have a love hate relationship with terminators. They mostly hate me. At this stage though they are really not worth farting with at this point. Many faster cars out there and they need all the weak links adressed and decently modded to be relevant today. There time is over. The hellcat doesn't handle very well. It's fine for spirited driving and really all the average guy would ever need but owning two zl1's previous its like a scalpel verses a sledgehammer. Really pretty good brakes on the dodge. Driving comfort and sweet speed tech abounds in the hellcat. Its big and heavy but the absurd power totally hides its girth. It's not boring. Its angry and wants to driven like you stole it all the time. Its so damn dodge. Made to be a hooligan, own the red light to red light , and make it near impossible to wipe the grin off your face. Its not trying to be something it isn't. Want a well balanced quick, twistie twistie, small displacement high tech skinny jean kind of car, buy something else. If you want a big, brash, badass so American it should leave red white and blue tire smoke while shooting flaming bald eagles with machine guns mounted on them out the tailpipe,fueled by the tears of tree hugging snowflakes....then by all means buy a hellcat. Mike drop

"If you want a big, brash, badass so American it should leave red white and blue tire smoke while shooting flaming bald eagles with machine guns mounted on them out the tailpipe,fueled by the tears of tree hugging snowflakes....then by all means buy a hellcat. Mike drop "

^ made me laugh
    Ed...
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, leveled, 35" tires
    2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange/5speed Best 1/4 11.94@113.64, 1/8 7.59@89.48, 1.57 60' - Best 60' 1.51, just a NA 2v