Thread: Wheel spacers for the Rambler?

Wheel spacers for the Rambler?

So, 1969 Rambler Scrambler... American Motors’ lightweight racer.

80B08648-A359-408C-8003-9FBDC7ED6FED.jpg

Mine has 14” wheels (Magnum 500s I believe) with a set of 10+ year old 215/70x14 Goodyear Eagles. I won’t be driving much over 45 mph on those!

The Rambler has a 5 x 4 1/2 bolt pattern which lit a lightbulb in my brain.

Could I bolt on the next set of 17” Mustang wheels and tires that hits Craigslist?

The offsets are way different. Ford Fairlane guys running late-model Mustang wheels buy 2” adapters and the new wheels fit the old cars.

So, do these 2” spacers look perfect or should I stick with old-style wheels and normal backspacing?

https://www.titanwheelaccessories.co...-explorer-edge

Thanks!

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    I’m not a big fan of spacers. They just don’t seem safe to me if you are going to drive...uh...like you drive Greg! :-). I’d rather buy wheels with the desired backspacing or maybe get the stock wheels widened. I think Weld Craft is the name of the place?
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

I hear you Ron... I thinks that’s why I’m asking instead of ordering!

In all honesty, there isn’t anything wrong with running spacers. You need to get good quality ones and you absolutely have to check them after a few miles.

I remember running a spacer on my fox for quite some time years ago. That car made decent power and I wasn’t light on the throttle either.
    Rob
    1 Monte SS. White.

Banned dates
    11/27/08
    4/25/11
    3/28/12
    12/1/12
    There are more but that's all that was logged!!!