Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fiero part 3 - 3lbs per horsepower?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    yeah I don't think you would have any issues matching that, the 6262 spooled almost instantly on my motor, even the 6466 spools quick. My 6262 was a .63 t4, there was a Fiero with a t3 that was running when faster (10.0@135 vs my 10.7@132)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    My current is a journal bearing t4 .81 a/r turbonetics 6665. It is incredibly laggy, especially with my current cam.
    I think the gen 2 precision stuff would spool better and probably flow more than the current turbo from all my research.

Just a little 500 whp V6

Fat guy in a turbo car JeffreyCole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSix View Post
    My current is a journal bearing t4 .81 a/r turbonetics 6665. It is incredibly laggy, especially with my current cam.
    I think the gen 2 precision stuff would spool better and probably flow more than the current turbo from all my research.
    The compressor wheel on that 6665 is ancient technology, a giant cast chonk of a wheel.

A billet compressor 6262 will outflow and outspool that by far.

With that being said, I'd go with the larger t4 back housing, especially on a 4.1L motor. you're going to be taxing that 62mm turbine unless your heads flow like dogshit.

There are ways to mitigate lag in tuning and other things, but high backpressure is a bitch, and makes tuning a LOT more difficult with exhaust reversion.

What are your cam specs? Lift/duration/LSA?
    90 TSi AWD Auto - 10.359@128.41
    Best MPH: 132.21
    Best 60' 1.490

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyCole View Post
    The compressor wheel on that 6665 is ancient technology, a giant cast chonk of a wheel.

A billet compressor 6262 will outflow and outspool that by far.

With that being said, I'd go with the larger t4 back housing, especially on a 4.1L motor. you're going to be taxing that 62mm turbine unless your heads flow like dogshit.

There are ways to mitigate lag in tuning and other things, but high backpressure is a bitch, and makes tuning a LOT more difficult with exhaust reversion.

What are your cam specs? Lift/duration/LSA?
    Interestingly enough, I talked to precision and they told me to go with a 5862. Think that would be too small for my application personally.
    I've been looking at a 6266 t4 .83 AR.

Cam is 220/220 .550 lift 114 lsa

Just a little 500 whp V6