Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Prep racing at Keystone Monday, Memorial Day

Quote Originally Posted by sutyak View Post
    Why race half the track?
    That's what these classes run typically. And, IMO, no prep is sketchy as hell to begin with, like Bob said. No prep on a long track would be exponentially scarier.
    ChuckT
    Sponsored by
    Wholesale Transmission - New Kensington
    Millerstown Pic A Part

I would have thought the first 60' would have been what is so hard on parts. I've seen a lot more carnage off the line than after the 1/8 mile.
    Is Keystone changing to become an 1/8 mile track? Will our track rental be 1/8 or 1/4?
    Regular test and tune will always be 1/4. Top class on bracket days has switched to 1/8th. Majority of bracket racers (me included) prefer the 1/8th mile now. The track rental will be 1/4
    ChuckT
    Sponsored by
    Millerstown Pic A Part

1/8th mile is all we got here in the south basically.

I agree on the 1/8th for no prep. Those guys are going 140 in the 1/8th, 190 in the 1/4 without prep would be stupid Dan g erous.

Just a little 500 whp V6

way to much down time yesterday it got hot in the stands and with no cars running made for a long day I left early at 730
    Troy
    95 gt 11.3 @ 126
    68 f100 SB soon to be coyote powered
    12 GT 6m cobra jet powered 11.4 @124
    90 lx supercharged 440 rwhp on 8 lbs
    17 f150 crew cab coyote powered

PEOPLE HAVE MORE FUN THAN ANYONE

I take it there was a big turnout?
    Ed...
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, leveled, 35" tires
    2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange/5speed Best 1/4 11.94@113.64, 1/8 7.59@89.48, 1.57 60' - Best 60' 1.51, just a NA 2v

Seemed to me the turnout was low, but certainly not empty. My son and I left at 5. Troy they were still going at 7:30? Wow. There was a ton of downtime, and it was hard to know what was going on. T&T was just king of tossed in between races. Really there should not have been a T&T that day. Poor street tire guys didn't stand a chance for traction.
    For my son's first drag strip outing it was disappointing, but he still had a good time which is what was important. The next event I take him to will be with the timing lights on.
    mark
    '04 Mach 1. Built. Turbo. 667whp/631wtq
    '06 Focus. Built. Turbo. WMI. 12.43 @ 115 (sold)
    '03 Mach 1 : 12.61 @ 106.59 (sold)
    he's into that, that spiritual stuff. <><

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Mark - the Nostalgoc Drags are the ticket. Sept 29/30 I think? You and your son would love it.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    Mark - the Nostalgoc Drags are the ticket. Sept 29/30 I think? You and your son would love it.
    What about Night of Fire? Is that usually timed? After hearing about the jet-powered cars my son really wants to see one!
    mark
    '04 Mach 1. Built. Turbo. 667whp/631wtq
    '06 Focus. Built. Turbo. WMI. 12.43 @ 115 (sold)
    '03 Mach 1 : 12.61 @ 106.59 (sold)
    he's into that, that spiritual stuff. <><

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    What about Night of Fire? Is that usually timed? After hearing about the jet-powered cars my son really wants to see one!
    I haven’t gone to that one - but I think the Nostalgic Drags had 1 or 2 of them last year or the year before?
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

We left around 530 after we ran out of the 12 bottles of water we brought. That sun was brutal yesterday.

I don't understand why there was so much downtime, seemingly for no reason.

03 Cobra=slow show car...
    13 F-150 Limited

I left before the final did Larson win ?
    Troy
    95 gt 11.3 @ 126
    68 f100 SB soon to be coyote powered
    12 GT 6m cobra jet powered 11.4 @124
    90 lx supercharged 440 rwhp on 8 lbs
    17 f150 crew cab coyote powered

PEOPLE HAVE MORE FUN THAN ANYONE

Chuck can correct me, but night of fire is typically a normal bracket race with their normal classes running then she "show" cars running on a schedule time. Usually a long dy for the regular racer, but the show cars go off on a schedule "ish". Timing on the boards and live. Not sure if it's planned 1/8th or 1/4 for the locals.
    Bob Myers ©

84 Capri RS Turbo -Best 1/8th - 6.24@109, Best 1/4 - 9.82@136...Still only a 4 banger

In my opinion, the Nostalgia Nationals event is the best event of the year at KRP. Usually a couple hundred show cars, staging lanes are packed with badass drag cars, and always a nice field of special cars... AA supercharged gasser, funny cars, slingshot gassers, etc.

Night of Fire is a good family event and for the kids. As previously stated, not the best for the true racers.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin0660 View Post
    Chuck can correct me, but night of fire is typically a normal bracket race with their normal classes running then she "show" cars running on a schedule time. Usually a long dy for the regular racer, but the show cars go off on a schedule "ish". Timing on the boards and live. Not sure if it's planned 1/8th or 1/4 for the locals.
    Night of Fire is a great show. It's 1/4 mile for the bracket classes that day (and the funny car day July 14). The show cars are on a schedule, and wherever the track is in the program, stops to keep the show cars on time as much as possible. Large majority of the bracket guys don't mind the show, and enjoy it as well.
    Funny cars July 14 - http://keystoneracewaypark.com/image...-nationals.jpg
    Night of Fire August 25 - http://keystoneracewaypark.com/image...pdated-web.jpg
    PID-Keystone Nostalgia Nationals Sept 20-30 - http://keystoneracewaypark.com/image...gia-side-1.jpg
    ChuckT
    Sponsored by
    Millerstown Pic A Part