Thread: 1973 red trans am white interior with special order orange carpet

Post 1973 red trans am white interior with special order orange carpet

hello im new to this site. i was referred to your site by a researcher at the carnegie library. they have been trying to help me figure out my cars manufacture history. it is a 1973 pontiac trans am red with a white interior and was special optioned a code 97f orange carpet. it was built in around may 73 to august 73. the car was delivered to CONSTANTIN PONTIAC WITH AN ORIGINAL TITLE ISSUE DATE OF 08 -09 -1973. i managed to contact a former employee from the NORWOOD OHIO plant where these cars were manufactured and he stated that it quite possibly could be 1 of 1 in manufacture. i was hoping to find someone to give me info on how and why the car was delivered that way. was it special ordered that way? who 1st recieved it and for what reason? any help from the STEEL CITY community would be greatly appreciated...

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    I can’t help with that but pics and details of the car are always a good idea.

Welcome aboard!!
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

welcome

have you checked out Pontiac historical services? http://www.phs-online.com/services.htm
    Current Stable
    2013 School Bus Yellow Boss 302
    1993 Red Cobra

Previous Stable
    2012 White Mustang-Traded
    2004 Competition Orange Terminator - Sold
    2003 Black Cobra-Traded
    1998 Black Cobra-Traded
    1991 White 5.0 Conv-Sold
    1986 Purple 5.0 Trunk-Sold to Psycho 5.0

https://www.facebook.com/steelcitymusclecars

https://www.facebook.com/cruisin.cranberry

checked PHS . thats how i discovered it had orange carpet option. when it was purchased it was changed over to black carpet and the console was removed. i tried going through penn dot but they will not give first buyers name due to privacy laws and expunged state records.

thank you for the welcome. id post pics but im a newbie . dont know how and car has seen better days.

Under the post window select “Go advanced”....then select “manage attachments”...which will let you upload pics as long as they aren’t too huge.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

heres a picture from 1978 , how slow can you go, but at least it trophied. she did not look to bad back then. yes there MERCURY TUBE ZOOMIES on the car. what can i say it was the 70's.

Welcome!
    My dad had a black turbo trans am t-top. I was too young to appreciate if it was fast, but I sure remember how darn hot those black leather seats were. Ouch!
    mark
    '04 Mach 1. Built. Turbo. 667whp/631wtq
    '06 Focus. Built. Turbo. WMI. 12.43 @ 115 (sold)
    '03 Mach 1 : 12.61 @ 106.59 (sold)
    he's into that, that spiritual stuff. <><

i remember those hot summer seats with the windows closed. but it all seemed worth it when between my brothers and me someone called shotgun . meaning that person got the front passenger seat. i guess that saying is not used today. but your right those seats were smokin. those turbo TA'S were sweet automobiles.

Smile collectible classic cars and casting and date code numbers matching originality

1. heres a common question that usually happens to fast cars that are also collectible

i have a question about originality of an automobile / classic fast car.
    if the car no longer had its original engine what would be the best thing to do to maintain it worth

1. any engine replacement
    2. period correct date coded engine from same year / same type car / same engine size
    3. get a SR-- service replacement from gm
    4. put in the fastest engine you can find
    5. put a plain engine in and give it a wild paint job

If you would be that concerned, you would want a block, heads, & intake with date codes that make sense compared to the car’s build date. Most cars don’t have the VIN stamped on those parts...just codes for the dates the parts were made.

pontiac was funny about that. they put the last 6 digits of the vin on the lower right front of the engine block just along the timing cover. pontiac owners are as bad as corvette owners when it comes to parts identification.mine happens to be engine not original. but i have a produced engine that has the correct date and casting codes. but the vin identifier is about 4500 cars before my cars production.that engine came from the very same type car as mine.

My bad then - I had no idea. That sucks that you get lumped in with Vette owners... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    That sucks that you get lumped in with Vette owners... :-)
    That made me laugh!

^^^^ Nice first post mc512512. Welcome...