Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Track Rental

Track Rental

If anyone is interested OST Dyno is planning a track rental for next Friday April 24th. At Dragway 42 in Ohio. 10 car maximum, slicks or drag radials only. Couple spots still available. If you are interested contact Mike Doban at mike@ostdyno.com or message him on Facebook, search for ost dyno.

OST has another rental planned for next Friday, May 22. Search OST Dyno on Facebook for details or pm me. I am planning to go. Looking to run my first 9s.

I’m not a facebooker so I was wondering if the fee is more or less than
    Keystone’s $258, I live about 20 miles from Keystone.
    Lil' Blackie, also a Rodeheaver hot rod

Black Bess : n/a 347 T56 magnum,426 hp/ 427 tq
    Best time at Keystone 11.68, best speed 122.95 mph (right lane)
    Built, tuned & made possible by Tim Rodeheaver
    Rodeheaver's Hot Rod Shop
    15 W. Cross Ave.
    Masontown Pa. 15461
    724-737-5088
    www.RodeheaversHotRod.com

It looks like $300-350 per car depending on numbers. $100 deposit for a spot.
    Dennis
    2006 GTO
    Gone but not forgotten

2015 SHO
    Mostly stock

2014 Cruze
    Living the MPG life

Has anyone signed up at Keystone? I see they are running the right lane. Any time I have had a traction issue there it"s always been in the right lane. Traction at Dragway 42 should be good. These cars from OST are often running close to 1,000 hp so they require traction.

That’s bit strange, I can hook in either lane, but given the choice I actually run the right lane at Keystone because I don’t get those strange MPH readings
    Bob Myers ©

84 Capri RS Turbo -Best 1/8th - 6.24@109, Best 1/4 - 9.82@136...Still only a 4 banger

Quote Originally Posted by hemi14 View Post
    Has anyone signed up at Keystone? I see they are running the right lane. Any time I have had a traction issue there it"s always been in the right lane. Traction at Dragway 42 should be good. These cars from OST are often running close to 1,000 hp so they require traction.
    The track was scraped out the 1/8th mile, gold dusted, dragged, sprayed, dragged, and touched up. Gene Nagy's Top Sportsman Dart went 1.028 in the 60', a friend's COPO went 8.72. Track was awesome.

This Saturday's spots are on the KRP website now. 2 sessions to chose from again. $258 includes a crew member.
    ChuckT
    Sponsored by
    Wholesale Transmission - New Kensington
    Millerstown Pic A Part

This weekend's spots have opened up. Sunday sessions are aimed at street cars, $135, car and driver only. Crew person would also pay $135 if a racer needed to have someone with them.
    ChuckT
    Sponsored by
    Wholesale Transmission - New Kensington
    Millerstown Pic A Part

Very tempting at $135
    Dennis
    2006 GTO
    Gone but not forgotten

2015 SHO
    Mostly stock

2014 Cruze
    Living the MPG life

I am headed up tomorrow for the early session, 10-2. Weather looks good and i need some runs.

Was planning on doing the Sunday morning rental but it was cancelled for some reason
    Dennis
    2006 GTO
    Gone but not forgotten

2015 SHO
    Mostly stock

2014 Cruze
    Living the MPG life

The Sunday thing had to sell out both sessions in order to happen. Looked like very few sign ups as of yesterday morning. Probably why they cancelled it.

Got it. Guessing the weather was a factor for people signing up. They did say they would try again next weekend so fingers crossed.
    Dennis
    2006 GTO
    Gone but not forgotten

2015 SHO
    Mostly stock

2014 Cruze
    Living the MPG life

In for next weekend

So I went for the 10 to 2 session yesterday. Sitting at the gate and get an email at 9:45 saying that morning session is cancelled due to possible rain and combined with afternoon session. I was not happy. I stayed along with a couple others who were also there. Apparently most got the message in time and did not show up early. Stayed an hour or more and chatted with another racer, no masks, then decided to leave as did the other guy, Mike and his son. As I'm heading out I'm flagged down by a guy in a truck, turns out to be track owner Greg. Gave him a piece of my mind. He was very apologetic and I decided to stay. He's in a jam. His local government officials have not given him approval or at least a we will not prosecute and he's apparently being watched by people in unmarked official looking cars as he checks you in for temperature checks, masks etc. Also it appears that even when he can resume somewhat normal operations he will not be allowed to host spectators, only participants. He makes most of his money from the big promotional events, not the test and tunes etc. So he's basically screwed. I did end up having a good day, everyone was cool and lots of runs available to all. So if you can support him in any way please do so or our local track may disappear. I'm thinking that a club track rental may be possible soon when the stupid 25 people rule disappears which should be soon. Emperor Wolf is destroying thousands of small businesses every day. Sorry for the rant but it's important.

Words that Cam has never heard a woman say for $1,000 Alex.....

What is....

Quote Originally Posted by Cam99 View Post
    In for next weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by John4cam View Post
    Ahh fuque
    1985 Ranger--2WD, basic bolt-ons and tires, 11.92 @ 111mph.

1986 Ranger--2WD, 5.0/T5/8.8.

Looks like they are only doing Saturday this weekend. It’s a shame since the weather looks perfect for Sunday. The $258 entry doesn’t make sense for those of us with no crew members
    Dennis
    2006 GTO
    Gone but not forgotten

2015 SHO
    Mostly stock

2014 Cruze
    Living the MPG life

How is it that Numidia can pretty much run a full on events but Keystone is not allowed?
    Ed...
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, leveled, 35" tires
    2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange/5speed Best 1/4 11.94@113.64, 1/8 7.59@89.48, 1.57 60' - Best 60' 1.51, just a NA 2v

Is Numidia in a county going into the “green” phase on Friday? Only reason I can think of
    Dennis
    2006 GTO
    Gone but not forgotten

2015 SHO
    Mostly stock

2014 Cruze
    Living the MPG life

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    How is it that Numidia can pretty much run a full on events but Keystone is not allowed?
    i think it’s a case of don’t ask ...

beaver Springs has tried a lot of things and kept running into issues. They are going green Friday and announced a schedule.

it looks like Maryland is breaking loose. Mason did limited testing (50 cars a session) last weekend, have what looks like 100 cars each day this weekend, then posted they are back at it next weekend. Cecil has struggled, and MDIR announced today opening next week.

ohio has been a mess too, but a little more clear there. The counties each have health departments and it seems they have to sign off on the plan ...national trail and Pacemakers have been opening, others too... baders are still getting drug on by that country (it’s in the hardest hit counties in Ohio despite being rural at the track). It mostLy looks like a lot of Ohio will be go next week, seen Thompson and Quaker announced for next week and Freebirg (old friendship park) has been running.

was posted on Facebook today that Keystone submitted a plan and was waiting for approval.

it’s a mess for sure. No one understand or really cares about drag racing and it seems to get lumped in with entertainment like converts rather than WP cars spread out.
    Bob Myers ©

84 Capri RS Turbo -Best 1/8th - 6.24@109, Best 1/4 - 9.82@136...Still only a 4 banger