Thread: Domination Chassis?

Take care of your Member excell's Avatar

Domination Chassis?

Looks like these guys might be all closed up, right? Drove by there yesterday and it looks like a rust repair place now, phone is dead. Not sure for how long. Anyone know if they're still around? I found their info through some old posts on here. Was looking at them for mounting tires, and putting a roll bar in my 89. Happy to head down to Rodeheaver's, but I was excited cause this place was like 5min from me.
    2016 F150 Lariat 2.7l 501A
    1989 Mustang LX vert; 347 stroker and more
    1986 Mustang SVO Comp-Prep (9L)

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    How long have you had your Comp Prep SVO? Not many of those around. Definitely an under appreciated car. Very cool!
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    How long have you had your Comp Prep SVO? Not many of those around. Definitely an under appreciated car. Very cool!
    Hey, thanks! It's been in my family since new. My Dad bought it in 1986 and kept it up pretty well even though it was a daily driver for over 10 years. I bought it from him in 2009, put it in storage for 10 years, and though it's in pretty good condition I have been steadily restoring it. Down to tires, a stitch fixed in the driver's seat, re-covered steering wheel, a good engine and undercarriage cleaning, and a little paint work to be nearly perfect again.

Edit: And yes, it's an absolute blast to drive. The SVO is like a bowl of sugar between 2-4k RPM, absolutely crazy. Never ceases to put a huge grin on my face.

i really enjoyed my svo it was so fun to drive
    Troy
    95 gt 11.3 @ 126
    68 f100 SB soon to be coyote powered
    12 GT 6m cobra jet powered 11.4 @124
    90 lx supercharged 440 rwhp on 8 lbs
    17 f150 crew cab coyote powered

PEOPLE HAVE MORE FUN THAN ANYONE

Kickin it Old School somethingclever's Avatar
    great car!
    -JOHN

Carburetors and SAE wrenches.................

Buy Made in the USA - It Matters.

Never heard of Domination but I have used Dominick Racecar which is right on West Liberty Ave heading down hill towards 51 on right. Could give him a call and see what he can do for you. http://www.dominickracing.com/contactus.asp
    Ed...
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, leveled, 35" tires
    2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange/5speed Best 1/4 11.94@113.64, 1/8 7.59@89.48, 1.57 60' - Best 60' 1.51, just a NA 2v

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Never heard of Domination but I have used Dominick Racecar which is right on West Liberty Ave heading down hill towards 51 on right. Could give him a call and see what he can do for you. http://www.dominickracing.com/contactus.asp
    Thank you! These dudes are right down the way too. Certainly helps with the roll bar need!

Ended up going with Discount Tire up in Ross for shoes on the 86. For all I drive it, picked up a set of General GMAX AS-05's, with a rebate they'll be about $400. Hard to beat.

Will Work For Car Parts Terminated's Avatar
    FWIW, you can call or stop in to Rust Repair Inc and talk to Jay, the owner. I used to work for him at Domination for a bit but have known him prob. 15 years now. He changed direction from Domination Chassis a few years back but may still do some fab work here and there, not 100% sure on that. He has a pretty sweet 5.0 GT that he's been working on, so you can get some fox talk out of it at least. Another option is Jeff at 1st-Try Engineering in Robinson.
    Last edited by Terminated; 03-02-2021 at 04:18 PM.
    Dan -- 2003 Cobra DSG Coupe #6009

If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it. IG: @donuttrump

Quote Originally Posted by Terminated View Post
    FWIW, you can call or stop in to Rust Repair Inc and talk to Jay, the owner. I used to work for him at Domination for a bit but have known him prob. 15 years now. He changed direction from Domination Chassis a few years back but may still do some fab work here and there, not 100% sure on that. He has a pretty sweet 5.0 GT that he's been working on, so you can get some fox talk out of it at least. Another option is Jeff at 1st-Try Engineering in Robinson.
    Great to know, thank you! I'll do that.

Edit: p.s. Hi Dan! :)

Kickin it Old School somethingclever's Avatar
    Jay at Domination = Jay at Rust Repair Inc?
    -JOHN

Carburetors and SAE wrenches.................

Buy Made in the USA - It Matters.

Will Work For Car Parts Terminated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by excell View Post
    Great to know, thank you! I'll do that.

Edit: p.s. Hi Dan! :)
    Yo! I still need to check out your rides some day, or we'll have to link up and cruise. Thinking of getting the Cobra out this week.

Quote Originally Posted by somethingclever View Post
    Jay at Domination = Jay at Rust Repair Inc?
    Yep, same Jay. Same guy your hear on the X talkin' bout "It's cheaper to keep'er"
    Dan -- 2003 Cobra DSG Coupe #6009

If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it. IG: @donuttrump

FWIW Discount Tire did an awesome job on the tires. They were super careful with my antique.