Thread: Speeding ticket

Speeding ticket

Anyone care to share their highest mph speeding ticket score?
    I say score because a copy of mine was posted on a bulletin
    board at the magistrate’s office in Forest hill on Ardmore blvd.
    It had a little sign above it that said “ the winner is”.
    Anyway, my official high score was “In excess of 148”.
    I can laugh about it now but that was before I met Timmy.
    (My speed merchant) That was back when I called BlackBess
    “Bessy” & I knew it was truly a slug. In my past I’ve owned a
    69 GTO & a 67 RS/SS Camaro that seemed to pull pretty hard.
    I would have to say that music has helped with my unhealthy
    addiction to speed. So, Wadda ya got?
    BTW “Bessy”, like the milk cow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lil' Blackie, also a Rodeheaver hot rod

Black Bess : n/a 347 T56 magnum,426 hp/ 427 tq
    Best time at Keystone 11.68, best speed 122.95 mph (right lane)
    Built, tuned & made possible by Tim Rodeheaver
    Rodeheaver's Hot Rod Shop
    15 W. Cross Ave.
    Masontown Pa. 15461
    724-737-5088
    www.RodeheaversHotRod.com

I've somehow managed to go 34 years without a speeding ticket!
    1995 Pontiac Trans Am
    2016 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
    2021 Acura RDX

Kickin it Old School somethingclever's Avatar
    Going to be tough to beat 148.

So what was the posted limit and what were the repercussions?
    -JOHN

Carburetors and SAE wrenches.................

Buy Made in the USA - It Matters.

Will Work For Car Parts Terminated's Avatar
    I've gotten one and only one speeding ticket, 81 in a 55 on 79s just before the Sewickley bridge, in my Super Coupe in 2002. Expensive enough (at that time) to either not speed, or do it more wisely!
    Dan -- 2003 Cobra DSG Coupe #6009

If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it. IG: @donuttrump

My story is a little bit different. My dad bought his first new car in 1956. It was a black and white 56 Buick Century. It was our go to church car. He rented a garage a couple of houses down. He drove a 1940 Plymouth 4 door to work. One night he and mom went shopping. I was home with nothing to do and that's when I had a "Brain Storm". I'd take it out to Rt 51W. towards the Ohio line and see how fast it would go. The speedometer went up to 120MPH. Well, guess what, it went 120.MPH. I took it home and parked it in the garage just before they came home. I thank "GOD" everyday because if he knew what I had done, he would have killed me.
    1988 Mustang 408 W. All Motor New Best 5/5/18 10:15 @ 131 mph.
    1964 Chevy SS Convertible 327 300 HP.
    1964 Chevy SS Hardtop 327 250 HP. Sold 2017.
    1954 Ford Radical Custom Convertible.
    1991 GMC Sierra 1500-SLE 1/2 Ton Reg. Cab Short Bed.
    1930 Model A Sport Coupe Owned Since 1970 Sold 2016.

First I have to ask Mr. Jeff95TA have you been driving for more than 34 years ? Did you get any tickets
    when you were younger? I’m pretty sure “me mum” drove for 68 years without a speeding ticket. To all
    those that think I must drive like a maniac I have never hit another vehicle with my car. I have hit 2
    deer in my life. I was a professional driver for quite a while, still have my CDL. While my father would
    tell me he that I must have had the record for totaling the most cars in my youth, he might have finished
    with more than me. I did have 2 accidents while on the clock years ago. Once in Cleveland Oh. I had a fuel
    freeze up problem. While stopped & getting my reflective triangles out someone plowed into my vehicle. I
    was taken to the police station along with the hitter only to be apologized by the shift commander that you can’t
    cause an accident when you’re not moving. I feel lucky that the guy hit my truck & not me. The patrolman
    couldn’t figure that one out by himself? The second one also happened in the winter. It was snowing bad,
    I was driving north on 19 in WV, between Summerville & 79. It was late at night maybe even early morning,
    hardly any traffic. There was someone following me for quite awhile. I remember slowing down quite a few
    times on the straights hopping he would pass. Sometimes he would be on my bumper, sometimes he would
    drop back almost enough to lose sight of him. Anyway one time when he was way back I crested a hill & see
    an accident ahead. I guess it had happened a while before because there was stopped traffic & police with
    their lights flashing. I’m 4-waying & slowing to the best of my abilities even using some shoulder hoping
    for some traction. (Hitting someone with a truck could kill them) I stopped safely & while thanking the
    Lord, wump, the truck shuddered. The serviceman on leave(with his TV in the front seat) had hit me.
    I was stopped but this time I was in the driver’s seat. Guy wants to talk to the police to ascertain blame,
    won’t believe my opinion. When the police get traffic moving & one can deal with something other than
    the original accident I explain what are deal is without saying who was driving which vehicle. He tells to
    be on my way & starts talking to the other guy.
    As far as the “in excess of 148” a bunch of points & no driving for 6 months. After the 6 months l
    had to retake my driving test. Luckily I hadn’t been driving a truck for a few years when this happened,
    living the bike shop dream. I go to take my test down on 366, guy won’t even get in the car until I take
    some cassette tapes off the floor of the passenger footwell. I figured he he still pissed about how I said
    things like “truck on wedge” & things like that before saying the correct answer on the verbal part of
    the test. He has me park next to a guardrail close enough that I can’t open my door, what is that skill good
    for? Do a 3 point turn here. I say you don’t need to make one here. He just looks at me, so I hang a u turn
    put the car in reverse back straight back up & pull straight forward again. Onto the road test, I’m using my
    turn signals & obeying the rules while he’s asking me what I’m doing, turn around here, why did you
    slow down there? The speed limit had changed near New Ken, things like that. We get back & he tells
    me I passed with a 95. I asked what did I mess up? Debris in the footwell. The only way those tapes
    would get to my side would be in a wreck. Between Cindy & me we’ve only had one front wheel drive
    vehicle so transmission humps. Turns out the slight limp was caused by a missing leg. God Bless you
    sir. Then I had to take a class. The deal was they sent you booklet, it was magazine size. They tell
    when to come down to get tested, turns out no class they had spent so much time on that booklet
    that if read that you were good to go. All questions are answered in their booklet, sound familiar?
    So I’m down there in a room full of fellow losers & one teacher. As I take the test everyone is turning
    pages racing ahead of me. I know I’m no rocket scientist (though my next youngster brother works
    at the JPL) but I’m not used to being last in class. The last part deals with examples of situations
    taken directly from the booklet. Only now you have figure out what the deal is with one of the other 2
    or 3 cars in the example, so you had to understand what the rules & laws apply. Anyway I put my head down,
    quite thinking about being last & I finish the test. What do you know, I’m the first person done. I
    turn in the test & the teacher starts to grade it. He motions for me to come over, no one else is on the
    back page of the test yet. Not very nicely he says “You got them all right, why are you here?”
    I’m floored, I stammered out “the State Police told me I had too.” He then says that he’s a State cop &
    I was wasting my time, his time & some other things I didn’t understand, ending with have a nice
    day. I haven’t heard from the the state police since. Which is nice because back in the day a state
    cop named Rollie would call MY HOME about the company I worked for not getting all the tax stickers
    & permits required by law. I’ll give you a ticket anytime I see you, he would say. I know I would
    reply.

15 W. Cross Ave.
    Masontown Pa. 15461
    724-737-5088

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    One ticket in my life in 1990 on a 2-lane NY backroad going 70 in a 55 in my 1988 GT at 2am. Never paid it - so they sent me a letter. I “fought it” saying I had just bought the car and because the PO had swapped the rear gears my speedo was off and I didn’t know it. Complete lie but I had no money and had to get creative. 2 months later I get a letter back from them - they dropped the points and took $100 off the fine so I only had to pay like $70.

Got a warning at school in South Bend in 1988. 1am. I was in Dad’s ‘68 LTD 2-door 390 with a high school buddy. That car ran pretty hard. Some douche in a V8 late 70’s Camaro pulled up next to me at a light and revved the crap out of it. Light goes green and I give him the hit. He gets out 2 cars on me and once I get rolling I blast past him at about 70mph in a 45. A minute later the flashing lights go on. Oops. I tell my buddy to shove all the full and empty Busch 16oz cans under the front seat and tell him if he says one word to the cop I’d make him walk home. I was loaded but he was worse. I pull over and somehow escape with only a warning. Lucky for me because I had been drinking at a buddy’s place since class at 4pm...then went to the local (awful) strip club for a couple hours where the drinking continued and I may have made out with this punk-ish stripper (yes Dan she was a good looking female). She put an ice cube in her (yep...down there in front)...then put it in her mouth...then walked right up to me, grabbed my crotch and made out with me, shoving the ice cube into my mouth in the process. Anyway...my point is I was shitfaced and to this day I have no idea how I didn’t get arrested that night.
    Last edited by PaxtonShelby; 02-01-2022 at 06:30 PM.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

The fines on that were not that bad IIRC maybe two or two & a half each. It was
    between Penn Hills & Monroeville on the parkway eastbound. What do you spend
    going to the track? Getting ready to go to the track? Going out to dinner? You
    should see what I spend going to a Pirates game. I go to more than 20 a year.
    Again, not a rocket scientist. As far as the fines go, when I was younger I would
    ride “sport bikes”. Go for 350 or so mile rides on most Sundays. Remember some
    of those miles were to get away from Pgh. traffic. I remember getting hassled by
    the man in Oh. No one had gotten a ticket yet but the trooper was checking papers.
    One of the guys never had his shit together, I know, why ride with someone like
    that. He rode a tubo750 Kaw. Maybe no current reg. or something like that.
    Another guy was quite the debater, older & looked like this guys father (maybe lol)
    He was trying to to deflect for young Matt. By the end the cop was apologizing & saying
    that speed limits were for little old ladies in old crap cars & spending money on those kind
    of tickets were kind of a premium user few, stuff like that. I have never had to pay
    more in insurance because of a speeding (any) ticket. Though Usaa wouldn’t carry
    me when I got Bess until I didn’t have a speeding ticket for a couple years. Still
    my guys, even use their collector division for the 2 Mustangs.

15 W. Cross Ave.
    Masontown Pa. 15461
    724-737-5088

​117MPH over the speed limit. Now that’s really cooking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

15 W. Cross Ave.
    Masontown Pa. 15461
    724-737-5088

Quote Originally Posted by 86GT View Post
    First I have to ask Mr. Jeff95TA have you been driving for more than 34 years ? Did you get any tickets
    when you were younger?
    That's total years driving. Was pulled over twice and given a warning each time. Only ticket was a bogus "U turn" in MD when heading to the hotel after the recording of the Pinks episode with the Pittspeed 240Z.

Knock on wood. Hell, sledgehammer that wood!
    1995 Pontiac Trans Am
    2016 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
    2021 Acura RDX

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    ...then went to the local (awful) strip club for a couple hours where the drinking continued and I may have made out with this punk-ish stripper (yes Dan she was a good looking female). She put an ice cube in her (yep...down there in front)...then put it in her mouth...then walked right up to me, grabbed my crotch and made out with me, shoving the ice cube into my mouth in the process. Anyway...
    Cindy says you aren't allowed over to play anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by John4cam View Post
    Ahh fuque
    1985 Ranger--2WD, basic bolt-ons and tires, 11.92 @ 111mph.

1986 Ranger--2WD, 5.0/T5/8.8.

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
    Cindy says you aren't allowed over to play anymore.

To be fair, I had just broken up with a girlfriend of 2 years and hadn’t yet started dating Beth. Not sure if that will get me un-blackballed or not.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

I'm trying to think of all of mine... 55 in a 35 in 1985 in Penn Hills, because the '71 Super Beetle needed to go downhill fast to get up the other side.
    55 in a 35 on Greensburg Pike in my sister's car in 1991.
    Barney got me with an LX Fox body at Holden Beach, NC, 56 in a 35 in 1993 but I call BS. Not arguing with the man who was wearing sunglasses with the mirrors on the inside of the lenses.
    1999 or 2000, going to fall Carlisle, coming down the hill a few miles before the Sideling Hill rest stop, the radar man was in the westbound lanes, and there was a trooper waving miscreants like me over. 71 in a 55.
    2000 or 2001, there is a stretch of Route 22 in WV or just over the Ohio line where the speed limit drops from 55 to nothing, and Barney sits right where it drops. I think that was 60 in a 40, something like that.
    I was good until going to pick up my G Body July 4, 2017. I borrowed my buddy's Ram and open trailer. I crested a hill, and the gravity coupled with my right foot had me at 81 in a 65. The Ohio trooper was cool, asked a few questions about what I was getting when I said I was picking up a car. He knocked it down to a registration violation for my buddy's trailer being out.
    ChuckT
    Sponsored by
    Wholesale Transmission - New Kensington
    Millerstown Pic A Part