Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 05-07 Mustang owners tell me your mods!

05-07 Mustang owners tell me your mods!

Hey guys:

As most of you all ready know I just purchased an 07 GT and I know very little about what mods to do?

It seems like most of the cold air kits come with some kind of tunner...either an SCT or Predetor...I hear the SCT is slightly better cause of holding multi tunes?

I know it NEEDS a shifter BAD! tell me wich shifter is best...I usually would go with a Steeda....how hard is it to install? (looks like it has some kind of stablizing bar on it)?

I am not going to mod it right away...I want to put some break in miles on it and take it back to the track

then I will do some MILD mods

thanks

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikeymustang View Post
    Hey guys:

As most of you all ready know I just purchased an 07 GT and I know very little about what mods to do?

It seems like most of the cold air kits come with some kind of tunner...either an SCT or Predetor...I hear the SCT is slightly better cause of holding multi tunes?

I know it NEEDS a shifter BAD! tell me wich shifter is best...I usually would go with a Steeda....how hard is it to install? (looks like it has some kind of stablizing bar on it)?

I am not going to mod it right away...I want to put some break in miles on it and take it back to the track

then I will do some MILD mods

thanks

Mike
    Mikey, you know what mild mods turn into, 10 second cars
    "No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he be vigilant in it's preservation"

General Douglas McArthur

Quote Originally Posted by 01cobrasvt View Post
    Mikey, you know what mild mods turn into, 10 second cars
    Yea the Green car went ~15's when i first started to mod it!....it all started that all i wanted was a 13.99 LOL!

That Hurst shifter with the exposed chrome stick and white ball looks great to me. MM&FF just had a S197 CAI write-up. I don't remember if it was August or September. Also, if you're keeping the stock mid-pipe, get the SLP loudmouth catback. There's a video on Stangnet (I can't seem to locate it) and they sound awesome to me.

Here's a decent clip from streetfire: http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...7c11148957.htm
    Last edited by Troll; 09-30-2006 at 05:18 PM.

if you are still looking for a steeda i will give you a deal one one like new. i used it for 400 miles email me at td1lb@comcast.net

I have not done a lot. But so far I have a JLT with predator custom tune, gears, and a bassani x-pipe.

I have never raced before this car. With the intake and tune I was getting mid-13s. That is mostly due to my inexperience.

With all the mods, I joined a dyno day and had 303 rwhp and 309 rwtq.

I just read soemthing about FAST making a new intake. They say it will offer 40 hp. But no tests to prove it yet.
    Real name = Chris

2005 Mustang GT: JLT Intake with custom tune, OBX LT Headers and H-Pipe, 4.10 gears, Shaker Scoop, Hurst Billet Short Throw Shifter, SpyderShaft one piece Drive Shaft and other appearance Mods

Big Shot Dyno = 303 rwhp and 309 rwtq

300rwhp with such minimal mods is impressive to say the least!
    -Paul

1995 GT 'vert
    Best times on old 302 combo:
    12.03 at 112.5mph NA
    Best time with 9:1 compression NA dart block 331 setup:
    11.50 at 121mph
    Dyno'd: 415rwhp/410rwtq

2004 Z16 commemorative edition Z06
    100% stock: 11.9 at 118mph

Astro...Sorry I bought a new one way befor I seen this post

Kluski..Where did you buy the chin spoiler?...I think it looks great!

Mike

best of 9.66 at 141 MPH

http://www.mikeymustang.com

I think I got it at Partshopper. It was dropped shipped from CDC.

There are two CDC chins. I have the classic which does not require body work. The agreesive version needs a little. Mine is the painted version

The funny part is when I received this, it ws the V6 version. I called to get it swapped and the guy did not believe me at first. At that time the V6 had just come out. So he said he would send a new one. I waited and there was no response. So I called, and he sent another. At the end I had 2 GT versions and 1 V6 version with no return tags. I kept them all. Sold the two and made some good money.

This is the V6 version under the GT. Same install concept. A couple screws near the wheel and some double sided tape.

Real name = Chris

2005 Mustang GT: JLT Intake with custom tune, OBX LT Headers and H-Pipe, 4.10 gears, Shaker Scoop, Hurst Billet Short Throw Shifter, SpyderShaft one piece Drive Shaft and other appearance Mods

front spoiler

Heres a picture of the aggressive cdc spoiler on my car.
    Attached Images Attached Images

and one more, the difference between the classic and aggressive is that you have to cut the front bumper cover out for the aggressive one.

Both Look excellent!...I am not sure I can bring myself to cut for the aggressive one!....Kluski...how much did you pay?

3ggt2 wich window louvers do you have?.and what read spoiler do you have?
    I just got my louvers from Roush and a Roush wing wich are getting painted now!

thanks for the pix guys!

Mike
    Last edited by mikeymustang; 11-20-2006 at 06:15 PM.

best of 9.66 at 141 MPH

Quote Originally Posted by mikeymustang View Post
    Both Look excellent!...I am not sure I can bring myself to cut for the aggressive one!....Kluski...how much did you pay?

3ggt2 wich window louvers do you have?.and what read spoiler do you have?
    I just got my louvers from Roush and a Roush wing wich are getting painted now!

thanks for the pix guys!

Mike
    Modding the new one I see! Nothing wrong with that!

i have 3d carbon window louvers and a cervinis rear spoiler and quater scoops.

front spoiler

come on mike cut the bumper cover if i recall my car had 800 miles on it and chop, chop we go!its all in the look you are going for and i know a front spoiler dont add hp but the car has to look the part before it can act the part in my eyes but the decision is soley up to you! and with all the miles that mine has on it now(1,540) i still dont regret cutting it.
    Last edited by 3ggt2; 11-20-2006 at 09:23 PM.

If I remember right, I bought the chin for $220, and sold the two others for about $200 each.

I like the louvers. I saw some in person and have started to think about getting some of my own.

I found a stock black rear spoiler from Casco Parts on ebay. I took mine off and sold it on ebay for $5 more than I bought the Casco spoiler. I seem to be making money by modifying this car.

I had mine for about 5,000 before I cut my hood. That was my first big body work I have ever done on any car. I was scared shitless, but it was worth it to me. I love the look and SHAKE!

Real name = Chris

how much did u pay for that scoop?

Is that scoop functional? I realy like the way it looks, my uncle just bought a new white Gt and he was just talking about getting something like that, he is gonna run her in the scca, so it would be nice if it was functional...
    2015 A6 Mustang GT that so far has gone 9.48@147 but still the fastest prochargerd S550 in the world aside from Tim Essick's!
    www.Rodeheavershotrod.com

Define Functional. Yes it directs the cold air towards the intake. I do not have the tubing hooked up to the intake since I have to custom make something. But here is some more pictures to give you ideas. I can take more if you want, just let me know what you are looking for.

If I remember right it was around $750-800.

Install was easy if you can get past cutting your hood. My saw jumped within the last inch. Fortunately it hit the cutout section and did no damage. The actual scoop bolts to the intake manifold and two easy snap clips in the back.

Real name = Chris

Here are some pixs of the new Roush wing and c-pillar louvers Adam (inthe12's) and I just installed last nite

best of 9.66 at 141 MPH